Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Visiting Yosemite?

WV Hunter

This story hits close to home. A few weeks ago one of my daughters good friends died suddenly from an illness. They had said she contracted a virus while on vacation and Yosemite was one of the places they stayed.

Here is a photo of her and my daughter at the final Harry Potter movie. They are both 12 in this photo. My daughter Emma is on the left and her friend on the right.

EmmaandHanna.jpg

Emma has had a difficult time dealing thru this and when this article came out yesterday it brought it all back up. Though it doesn't name her friend it is certainly about her.

If you are the praying type I would ask that you pray for this young girls family and friends.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/wva-health-officials-report-hantavirus-death-17173972

Health officials say a West Virginia resident has died from the outbreak of a rodent-borne illness linked to Yosemite National Park.

Kanawha-Charleston Health Department director Dr. Rahul Gupta withheld the victim's name at a news conference Thursday. Gupta says the victim had visited the park since June.

Last week, Yosemite National Park officials said up to 10,000 people who stayed in certain cabins might have been exposed to hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. Gupta says the virus has now killed three people and sickened five others.

There is no cure. People can be infected by inhaling the virus or by handling infected rodents. Infected people usually have flu-like symptoms including fever, shortness of breath, chills and muscle and body aches.

Brought a tear to my eye. Prayers indeed, and hope your daughter is doing ok and managing to get along. Life is so very precious. Take good care man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back