Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Virginia bear

50bowhunter

Virginia has quite a few bears, but they are mostly in the western mountains or the eastern swamps. I’ve been hunting this particular farm for 13 years and have even seen a bear turd until this year. Even then I just assumed he was passing through. Then yesterday evening I snuck into a cut corn field and there he was about 130 yards away. My Tikka 270 wsm made short work of him. My conservative estimate is 240 lbs live weight, but I honestly think he more. Either way I’m happy with my second Virginia bear ever. 8BCC5030-35E7-430B-91B3-FE7F0B1180C7.jpeg3905CDAC-9D49-4A53-8A0A-FA9D42CA2DDC.jpegA358A979-DB39-4FEE-B07B-066701D72BBE.jpeg

My folks have been seeing a lot the past few years in Franklin county.

My folks have been seeing a lot the past few years in Franklin county.
I live in Rockingham County, which usually leads the state in bear kills. This was killed in Orange County which only had 7 bears killed last year. They are really spreading across Virginia though.

I live in Rockingham County, which usually leads the state in bear kills. This was killed in Orange County which only had 7 bears killed last year. They are really spreading across Virginia though.
Yep. My brother-in-law is a conservation officer and has been dealing with a lot of calls about bears.

Congrats! That’s cool, they seem to be spreading everywhere they exist. I get reports of bear sightings closer and closer to where I live every year here in Louisiana. I’d be curious to know if there is any place in North America that has a declining black bear population, kinda doubt there is such a place!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back