Yeti GOBOX Collection

VIAM Outdoors Insulator Quilts

WVmike

Has anyone used the VIAM Outdoors quilts and what was your experience with them? I'm looking to get one of the insulator throws in the 0 degree rating.

I've had one since 2018. Used for everything from antelope to late season elk. Its gotten wet a few times but dries out remarkably quick.
I'm 5'10 170lb and the regular size is enough to cover from the shoulders down and snap the underside together. A tall would be a little more comfortable I think

I've had one since 2018. Used for everything from antelope to late season elk. Its gotten wet a few times but dries out remarkably quick.
I'm 5'10 170lb and the regular size is enough to cover from the shoulders down and snap the underside together. A tall would be a little more comfortable I think
I'm 5'11 225lb and I was looking at getting the tall just for more room. How much does it weigh? I didn't see it listed in the specs.

I love their quilts. I have a 0 degree and just ordered a 30 degree. They don’t pack down as good as down or as light. Also the customer service is second to none.

Not too bad then. I have used their game bags and some other things but haven't used the quilts. I looked at enlightened equipment but they approach $400. I'm in the process of preparing for my first elk hunt next year with having to get a couple more things to test out before next year. All trying to do that with 3 kids under the age of 8, sports and getting my son his first deer rifle this year.

Not too bad then. I have used their game bags and some other things but haven't used the quilts. I looked at enlightened equipment but they approach $400. I'm in the process of preparing for my first elk hunt next year with having to get a couple more things to test out before next year. All trying to do that with 3 kids under the age of 8, sports and getting my son his first deer rifle this year.
I’ve used my 0 degree quilt down to -15 and it worked out well. I stayed pretty comfortable except for my feet. Just make sure you get a good pad.

I’ve used my 0 degree quilt down to -15 and it worked out well. I stayed pretty comfortable except for my feet. Just make sure you get a good pad.
For the foot box I cinch it down tight, and tie the drawstring. It closes up the hole to almost nothing. Also wear socks.

@WVmike get ahold of Tristan, the owner of VIAM about sizing. You may want the wide version. He's very responsive, just be aware this is the busy season.

I love their quilts. I have a 0 degree and just ordered a 30 degree. They don’t pack down as good as down or as light. Also the customer service is second to none.
I don't really pack it into the stuffsack if it's going into my pack. I jam it in ther and take up any voids in the pack. Seems to work well.

For the foot box I cinch it down tight, and tie the drawstring. It closes up the hole to almost nothing. Also wear socks.

@WVmike get ahold of Tristan, the owner of VIAM about sizing. You may want the wide version. He's very responsive, just be aware this is the busy season.
They only make the wide version now.

I have a klymit recon insulated pad that works pretty well. I've used it down to 25-30 degrees with a 0 degree bag that I use now, but that bag probably weighs 10 lbs. Its one of the Cabelas trekker 0 bags.

I get cold. I gave up and spent the money for a mountain hardware bag. They go on sale sometime cause I didn't spend $600 bucks on it, but it was spendy. I had the Trekker bag at base camp- I think -15 rated and I'd still be cold if it wasn't for handwarmers. However- I'm not normal- even my body temp runs a degree lower than most people.

I received my quilt from VIAM and I don't think I will ever use a mummy bag again. I used it the first night that I got it and the temperature got down to the upper 30s and to me it felt like a nice summer night in june. The customer service was also amazing and anytime I had a question, an email was in my inbox almost immediately after sending a message. Also the price compared to others companies was not even comparable.

I received my quilt from VIAM and I don't think I will ever use a mummy bag again. I used it the first night that I got it and the temperature got down to the upper 30s and to me it felt like a nice summer night in june. The customer service was also amazing and anytime I had a question, an email was in my inbox almost immediately after sending a message. Also the price compared to others companies was not even comparable.
Glad you like it. Tristan is a good dude!

Agreed. I will probably order another quilt for my son once he gets a little older, if he doesn't steal mine first
I’ve got 2 quilts now a 0 and a 30 and a few other things. Did you get the pad straps?

I've got a tarp and ground cloth from them too. Held up great in high mountain summer storms, downpoured a full day and stayed totally dry. Used during elk season in Montana too for getting out of the snow for a bit.

I love quilts. From the 20s up it’s the only thing I use at this point. I have both down and synthetic and switch things up depending on my location. Right now I have EE, UGQ, western mountaineering and a Katabatic (sp) gear quilts.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back