Yeti GOBOX Collection

Vest or Hat?

OhHeyThereBen

I'm heading out to the great state of WY in a couple months and am torn between wearing a blaze vest or hat. I don't want to look like an idiot, but the rifle hunting I'm used to most people dress like Halloween pumpkins. Thinking that since I'll be stalking with my head above the sage it'd probably be a good idea to go with the hat? What do you guys wear? It would be nice to fit in at the gas station with the local style, but then again, I'm not sure that's something us stylish North Dakotans would ever want to attain ;)

Lifetime Wyoming resident. I used to wear a vest, now I wear a hat. Entirely up to you will see quite a few wearing about every style you could think of, I say pick whats comfortable and what you feel safest in and go with that.

I often use my bird vest with orange shoulders simply for the pockets. Orange hat is always a good idea, and I don't really care what I look like.

I just wear a hat. If I have to shed or add layers, wearing an orange vest is a bit of a hassle.

I would wear a hat while hunting. When you shoot one I always put an orange vest over the head and meat while I'm packing it on my back so I don't get shot!!

If you are worried about how you look, you should probably consult with
the fashion police... i.e. Ben Lamb :hump:

I've been shot twice and lived through it, so I just wear a camo orange hat in Wyoming. Being a fatass, wearing a vest makes me look like the Great Pumpkin floating across the prairie.

John, do you develop immunity after being shot a few times? Kidding.

I don't like orange but sometimes, it might steer someone away when they see that orange dot from a mile off.

I figured I'd get some pretty great responses on here. The post was more for that than actually caring about which to wear.

Ben - I'm not sure that I've ever seen the music video for that one. Better add it to the Friday playlist.

Blake - Do they have any of those orange snuggies for me to pick up in Bismarck on my way through?

John - I'm not as hardcore as you.

Depends on the terrain— if there’s rolling hills and your stalks including peaking over something, the hat is the first thing they see. If it’s flatter ground, the hat has less surface area for them to see. Although their eye sight is so good it probably doesn’t matter either way. Don’t forget to check if your state allows camo patterned blaze orange like WY. May help a little

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back