Venison Steak - Fajitas!

StrutNut

I just tried it last night. Why did I wait so long. For those of you that want something extremely simple and very good, I just cut the steaks up thin, browned in Olive Oil with onions and peppers, added the off the counter fajita seasoning and dang.......The family loved it and it was super simple. These where steaks off a younger buck and where really tender. Very good! Still love the chops with Bearnaise sauce but these where as good or better than I have had in any Mexican restaurant. Cant wait for deer season as I am officially out of venison.....sadly....

I find that they are even better if you grill the steaks and then slice them up. Cook them hot and let them rest for a few minutes when they are done (should be med rare). For a nice little twist, coat the steak strips with Texas Pete's right before serving.

I agree with what JLS says above. I have done them both ways and prefer marinating or seasoning the steaks with a SW seasoning, grilling then slicing. Also works well with chicken breasts. Fajitas are always a hit at our house and a variety of wild game can be used.

Back