Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Venison Steak Diane

SneakyJake

I made this for my wife last night with some backstrap. It really brought out the flavor of the meat. I skipped the brandy(drank it), pounded the meat a little bit, put it a bit more salt in it, added a package of sliced mushrooms to half the sauce(make a little more sauce if you do this). Threw it along side some twice baked potatoes and green beans. Made her happy. It is nice to have a wife who will eat game with me.

Venison Steak Diane

3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup venison or beef stock
2 tablespoons of red wine
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
4 deer steak
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of brandy

Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir until golden. Stir in stock, wine and sugar. Cook until reduce by half.
Place pepper on sheet of waxed paper. Coat venison steaks with pepper on both sides, pressing pepper into steaks. Discard excess paper
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add steaks; cook to desired doneness, turning once. Transfer steaks to a heated platter, set aside and keep warm.
Remove skillet from heat; cool slightly. Add brandy. Heat gently over low heat. Remove from heat. Carefully ignite, using a long wooden match. Let stand until flame dies.
Add onion and butter mixture to brandy in skillet. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. POur sauce over steaks. Garnish with parsley if desired.

It's always nice when your wife will eat the meat you harvest, my current wife ( as opposed to ex wife, who hated venison) really enjoys game meat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back