Velvet Montana Muley

Very nice! My daughter and I have started a taxidermy business here. Wondering if you had those racks treated to preserve them?

Modern cameras have sure made a difference in trophy photography. Back in my day it was pretty much unthinkable packing a bulky, expensive, and very delicate 35mm camera into the woods. Consequently most of the pics taken were well after the fact at home. Not so nice. I'm not much into technocrap hunting gear (generally, I hate it) but those point & shoot cameras and smart phones are a godsend.

Very nice! My daughter and I have started a taxidermy business here. Wondering if you had those racks treated to preserve them?

Modern cameras have sure made a difference in trophy photography. Back in my day it was pretty much unthinkable packing a bulky, expensive, and very delicate 35mm camera into the woods. Consequently most of the pics taken were well after the fact at home. Not so nice. I'm not much into technocrap hunting gear (generally, I hate it) but those point & shoot cameras and smart phones are a godsend.

I did have the whitetail shoulder mounted with the velvet preserved, and it came out really well. I was going to strip this one and beetle clean it but the taxidermist said the velvet could be saved on a horn/plaque mount. As cool as it is to have the fuzzy stuff on there it is kind of a PIA to deal with and it eliminates the beetle option (unless you cut out the rack).

Back