MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

vanes

bow hunter

i was wondering, do any of you guys have an opinion on diff size vanes? ive always shot the longer 4 or 6 inch vanes, but i see alot of folks starting to go with 3 inchers it looks like. i was hoping some of you might have shot them and how the accuracy might have changed for the good or better? thanks fellows!

I shoot VaneTech blazer style vanes. They are exactly like the Bohning 2" Blazaer vanes. I think they are made by GoldTip, and they cost much less.

the 2" blazer vanes will stabilize the arrow a lot faster, and further, than the old 4" or longer vanes. also, not a big deal, but they weigh a little less also.

I guy at the archery shop where I shoot actually set up a microphone system because of animals reactions to his arrows. His primitive tests showed that their was a significant drop in noise when he switched to the smaller vanes and at 40 yards a split second movement by an animal can mean the difference in a long track or a clean kill. I plan on switching around the vanes and trying a few different of the smaller ones the next time I get arrows or have to fix the vanes on mine.

I shoot both 2" blazers and 2" VaneTec HPs
Both steer broadheads better than conventional 4" vanes, and are much tougher. They last longer, and work well with "Wisker Bisket" rests.
I fletch em R. helical.

well, i did go get the blazers, and you guys were right on, those things are bad! the hoyt maxxis likes em. thank ya fellows

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back