Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

vanes

bow hunter

i was wondering, do any of you guys have an opinion on diff size vanes? ive always shot the longer 4 or 6 inch vanes, but i see alot of folks starting to go with 3 inchers it looks like. i was hoping some of you might have shot them and how the accuracy might have changed for the good or better? thanks fellows!

I shoot VaneTech blazer style vanes. They are exactly like the Bohning 2" Blazaer vanes. I think they are made by GoldTip, and they cost much less.

the 2" blazer vanes will stabilize the arrow a lot faster, and further, than the old 4" or longer vanes. also, not a big deal, but they weigh a little less also.

I guy at the archery shop where I shoot actually set up a microphone system because of animals reactions to his arrows. His primitive tests showed that their was a significant drop in noise when he switched to the smaller vanes and at 40 yards a split second movement by an animal can mean the difference in a long track or a clean kill. I plan on switching around the vanes and trying a few different of the smaller ones the next time I get arrows or have to fix the vanes on mine.

I shoot both 2" blazers and 2" VaneTec HPs
Both steer broadheads better than conventional 4" vanes, and are much tougher. They last longer, and work well with "Wisker Bisket" rests.
I fletch em R. helical.

well, i did go get the blazers, and you guys were right on, those things are bad! the hoyt maxxis likes em. thank ya fellows

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back