Valentine's day

I got my wife a dozen red roses from Publix, a sweet card and some Lindor chocolates with strawberry filling.

I told her "I know the rest of this stuff wouldn't count if I didn't throw in the chocolates."

The wife and I never have been big on Valentines Day. Just another winter day. I saw a segment on the local news today, telling us how to have a long happy marriage. They interviewed three couples to get their keys to a long successful marriage. Two of the couples had each been together a whapping six years. Apparently making it all the way to six years is now considered something really special.

We're doomed.

The wife and I never have been big on Valentines Day. Just another winter day. I saw a segment on the local news today, telling us how to have a long happy marriage. They interviewed three couples to get their keys to a long successful marriage. Two of the couples had each been together a whapping six years. Apparently making it all the way to six years is now considered something really special.

We're doomed.
Met her 35 years ago. Damn, I'm getting old.

I had to work late last night. On the way home I grabbed some flowers, a little candy, and a nice card. I put them on the seat of her car so she’d be surprised when she left for work today. This morning I was immediately accused of forgetting. I tried not to act too smug when she walked back in the house to put the flowers on the table. She, on the other hand, didn’t get me anything and, judging by the temper tantrum my son is currently throwing trying to get him to bed, that’s the way it will remain. Oh well, I got the best Valentine’s gift of all - the ability to hold this over her head for an entire year.

Met her 35 years ago. Damn, I'm getting old.
Been living with my wife for 46 years, married for 45. I took this picture on our first date. That's her, the blond in the bottom of the picture.
You know you got a keeper when you find a girl that will go on a first date to a remote place in the wilderness where no one can hear you scream.

51 (2).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back