Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Vail resorts good or evil?:nimbyism in the inter mountain west.

Actually idk if you can even get one of those right now.
Which I respect. ✊
1981 Club at Deer Valley sold out the “max” 100 memberships almost instantly. $40k upfront and $8k per year gets you a nice ski locker, parking, access to a lounge and 30 minutes of skiing ahead of the masses each morning.

Funny thing is that when I get “first chair for the masses”, by hitting the parking lot 30 mins before lift opening, the only thing they’ve tracked up are the groomers 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 😂

What do you guys think of the ydni pass?
Are any of those places extreme?

That’s a tad bit more committed than the average “regular old tourist”. 😆
I’d skip all that Sierra cement and just go to UT

Although Hood is pretty sweet. And Schweitzer as long as it’s not raining (was my home mtn for a season)

But - If you can kill an elk in CO and then hit every Ikon resort in NA in a season - that’s a thread worth a Talkie in the making.

Idk if I can get into Canada with my priors, but it’s definitely a dream.
Not sure how to figure out except going to the border but it would be worth some calls. I have been lucky getting into Canada. My priors didn’t disqualify me from entering

I’d skip all that Sierra cement and just go to UT

Although Hood is pretty sweet. And Schweitzer as long as it’s not raining (was my home mtn for a season)

But - If you can kill an elk in CO Illinois public land doe with archery equipment, 10 squirrels, 1 rabbit and 1 pheasant and then hit every Ikon resort in NA in a season - that’s a thread worth a Talkie in the making.
Guys, I might have to take the western hunting season off and just focus on local pursuits.
For some reason I've developed a strong desire to be a gentlemanly small gamesman.
Might even look into getting a beagle or Brittany.
definitely not going for elk.
probs gonna put in for a bear tag and see what I feel like when September rolls around.

Guys, I might have to take the western hunting season off and just focus on local pursuits.
For some reason I've developed a strong desire to be a gentlemanly small gamesman.
probs gonna put in for a bear tag and see what I feel like when September rolls around.
1679491229586.gif

If I had to choose between hunting birds over my dog every weekend or traveling to hunt elk for a week, Enzo the Vizsla wins.

@DouglasR, maybe join some HTer's elk hunt as caller/packer, apply for points and don't get a tag, or get a bear tag during their hunt.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back