Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Vail resorts good or evil?:nimbyism in the inter mountain west.

Well, when you’re charging $18 for a 3 piece strip and ore ida oven baked fries...

Well, when you’re charging $18 for a 3 piece strip and ore ida oven baked fries...

mcdonalds food is literally 100 times more enjoyable than resort food. per dollar spent it's practically like fine dining.

solid bloody's at a bay tho, actually overall they have some of the better food too.

I do not have a dog in this fight anymore as I now live with the cheeseheads and not by choice. I was 3rd generation Colorado and the eldest son of teachers. lived in Grand County for many years and worked seasonal jobs, concrete, hunting camps, ski areas. I started out early 80's in rentals, lifts at WP/MJ.. Silvercreek, then moved to ski patrol where I ended up at WP/MJ. Grand County was fun then, and I loved all my jobs! I do not recognize the place anymore!

Vail in the mid 90’s was circa 90 bucks. High speed lifts and vast acreage of trails & bowls. Worth every penny. Taos was closer & half the price so it was the sensible choice. Skied many CO joints, Vail was my favorite. Hard to believe their lift tickets are almost as much as a Taylor Swift rip off.

Vail in the mid 90’s was circa 90 bucks. High speed lifts and vast acreage of trails & bowls. Worth every penny. Taos was closer & half the price so it was the sensible choice. Skied many CO joints, Vail was my favorite. Hard to believe their lift tickets are almost as much as a Taylor Swift rip off.
we should really stop referring to tsv, bb, sc, ab, and other core hills by their full names on the open forum.

To be clear I'd much rather spend the cash to see TS (Detroit in June baby!!) than give $300 a day to wait in #epicliftlines.

To be clear I'd much rather spend the cash to see TS (Detroit in June baby!!) than give $300 a day to wait in #epicliftlines.
I wonder if I'd never been privileged enough to ski 3 months straight if the lines would bother me as bad.
But its definitely 2 different experiences on a weekend vs a weekday.
I threw a bf when they tried to give me Friday/Saturdays off this year.

Skied Beaver Creek the first year it opened. $75 school year pass with a few restrictions. Sweet Asteroids and Ms. Pac man games in the tent that was the main lodge. No idea what a lift line was until I got tricked into going back circa 2005. Not been back. They can pretty much all suck it.

This an old ass feud
It is and I remember that - it was also when the first multi-resort passes had just begun. I got my first one in 1997. iirc, they were $300 and included unlimited days at Breck, Keystone and A-Basin and 5 days @ BC or Vail. We always used our Vail days. You could also buy 4-packs of tickets for Copper/Winter Park for like $75 at King Soopers.

and yeah, in order to ski powder, vail you really have to know you're gonna go a year in advance and just get a pass.
But not really. They sell Epic and Ikon passes through Thanksgiving. For most, a 3-day trip makes it worth it. When my son was younger, we were averaging under $20/day. Now that he's a teenager (and in a higher price bracket), even skiing only 25-30 combined days this year, we'll be at $35-45/day.

Anyone paying the walk-up rate at the window is just not paying attention at all. Between the Ikon/Epic/Mountain Collective passes, bundled deals from the resorts, friends & family passes, etc, etc, it's super easy to find discounted tickets. I'm sure some people just don't give a rip if it's $50 or $300 a day (e.g. if you're already in for 4 figures of ski lessons), but your median skiier shouldn't be paying the top-end prices.

And you save 10%-15% on those gold-infused chicken tenders

Skied Beaver Creek the first year it opened. $75 school year pass with a few restrictions. Sweet Asteroids and Ms. Pac man games in the tent that was the main lodge. No idea what a lift line was until I got tricked into going back circa 2005. Not been back. They can pretty much all suck it.
No shortage of Erno Lazlo'd bunnies tho...

It's still really hard to beat, on a powder day with the tunnel closed it's hard if not impossible to beat vail, breck is close but less stuff to jump off of, steamboat is waaaay over hyped. Aspen highlands is super fun but not better than Vail on a power day. WP meh, BC meh, Wolf creek is flat as F.

I've skied most the state on a great day, still #1 in my mind.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back