Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Vacuum Sealer

SticksMcKinley

I hope this is the correct forum for this kind of question, but I'm thinking about buying a vacuum sealer and wonder if there are any good recommendations. Amazon reviews are all over the place for various brands. I get most of my game meat packaged by a processor, but would be using a vac sealer occasionally for fish and turkey. Any ideas?

I have a food saver and it’s worked for everything I’ve done. Think it’s overkill for most things that need to be freezed.

I don't have it out right now, but I have a vacmaster (I think VP215). It's not cheap, but it works awesome!

I use a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer GM710-000 - a little more robust than some of the cheaper FoodSaver models.

Crenova Model VS100S. Worth every penny. The pulse button is great when a bit too much moisture as the vacuum is getting the last bit of air out since you can hit the seal button before have a mess inside your vacuum sealer. Fast and powerful. Tool Time approved.

Here is the Cabela's pro I got for Christmas and what it did on it's maiden voyage.

Attachments

• 20190326_172836.jpg
    20190326_172836.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • 20190326_185730.jpg
    20190326_185730.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
I have a food saver and it’s worked for everything I’ve done. Think it’s overkill for most things that need to be freezed.
I agree. I have one as well, but most of the meat I freeze in Ziploc freezer bags. I put the meat in and then submerge the bag in water with the seal open and above the water to squeeze out all the air and then zip it closed. The Food Saver is really good for smaller cuts though.

My Food Saver vacuum sealer does great for in the kitchen but it falls short when packaging big game as it overheats and shuts down far to quickly to be very efficient.

Anyone have a Weston brand vacuum sealer? There are discount codes from RMEF and BHA for 25% off all Weston products and I’m tempted to purchase a commercial grade vacuum sealer.

I have the vacmaster pro 350. It is a bit overkill for light use; bought it when I was butchering for a side job, but it really shines when u have lots of work. It doesn’t overheat, you can do 2 8” bags at once, and it has replaceable parts. Have literally done 1000 plus animals on it ranging from fish and birds to elk and show pigs.

I bought a LEM last fall. Haven't used it a ton yet but it's worked so far. Supposed to be able to go for 4 hours nonstop.

I heard too many people say I love my food saver, I'm on my 2nd one. Why are they on their 2nd one? If I could afford it, I'd go chamber vac sealer. But $$$.

My Food Saver vacuum sealer does great for in the kitchen but it falls short when packaging big game as it overheats and shuts down far to quickly to be very efficient.

Anyone have a Weston brand vacuum sealer? There are discount codes from RMEF and BHA for 25% off all Weston products and I’m tempted to purchase a commercial grade vacuum sealer.

I have one. Can't remember the model offhand but we seal a lot of stuff with it. 2-3 deer per year, garden veggies, bulk meat from the store, etc... No problems getting too hot. I find bulk bags precut in my pick of sizes on EBay for a reasonable price.

Great, thanks for all the replies! Yes, I’d love a chamber vac, but cant justify the expense.

My foodsaver works great for packaging up meat I buy in bulk from costco but overheats too quickly when packaging a game animal. My wife bought me a cabela's professional vacuum sealer and that thing is a tank. I use it for all my large packaging jobs and dont have a problem with it.

My foodsaver works great for packaging up meat I buy in bulk from costco but overheats too quickly when packaging a game animal. My wife bought me a cabela's professional vacuum sealer and that thing is a tank. I use it for all my large packaging jobs and dont have a problem with it.
I have the same one usually a few deer and a lot of birds get sealed with it every year. No complaints yet.

I have a food saver and really like it. I usually buy my ground beef 5-10 pounds at a time and then seal it into 1-2 packages when I get home.

Dont go cheap. You will regret when your buying a new one after one hunting season. I know I did.

Chambers are obviously the best product. I bought mine off craigslist for a really good deal. Still three or four times the price of a foodsaver but many is it handy. We leave it set up in the pantry and use it for leftovers, or when we buy in bulk at Sams.

I have a westin and love it. It has packed thousands of lbs of meat.

Back