PEAX Equipment

Vacuum Seal

Huntmt28

Just going through and getting my pack set for the MT opener in 2 weeks and I was vacuum sealing my extra socks, gloves and what not. I got to thinking what are some of the items you are vacuum sealing?? To save room or keep dry???

Just going through and getting my pack set for the MT opener in 2 weeks and I was vacuum sealing my extra socks, gloves and what not. I got to thinking what are some of the items you are vacuum sealing?? To save room or keep dry???

You just cost me 70 bucks, I've been wanting to get one to try to make my daily food sacks more compact as well as everything else that is not used daily. Such as my kill kit.

I don't vacumn seal anything in the pack at all. I do put them in zip lock bags though, anything I do not want to get wet. Vacumn seal to me is just overkill and on the spendy side.

If you vacuum seal your meat and already have the sealer the bags aren't going break the bank, I think it's totally necessary to have a pair of dry gloves maybe I'm weird

I vacuum sealed my game bags with rubber gloves and plastic sheet. It’s stays in the bottom of my pack and if I do need to open it, they aren’t going back in the pack anyway. I also vacuum sealed a basic trauma kit. TQ, combat gauze, and some sterile pads. Again if I have to open that the stuff doesn’t need to go back in the vacuum bag.

seems like extra trash to keep track of. I have a small waterproof sack that compresses down just throw the socks and gloves in that. Never had an issue. I also figure i'm not hunting in a rain forest so I guess depends on how much rain expecting.

After you use all of your kit and gear, what are the odds that you can get it all back into the pack for the trip out?

Once upon a time, I worked for a canoe outfitter in Ely. We would roll sleeping bags and tents super tight and stuff them into Duluth packs snugly. It was not uncommon to hear of customers that had issues packing them back into the spaces they came out of.

DONT VAC YOUR ENTIRE PACK .....IF YOU CANT PACK OUT THE EMPTY BAGS YOU ARE BRINGING TOO MUCH STUFF!!!

I did this, then I just went back to stuffing everything into a medium Kifaru Ultra lite pull out. I wouldn't vac seal again

Seems super unnecessary and not enough juice for the amount of squeeze. How much volume is your kit taking up? May need to look at the rest of your pack list if you’re having to resort to vacuum sealing stuff.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back