Yeti GOBOX Collection

Vacation Idea's ?!?!

Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm not gonig this year but I jsut came accross this link that looks like a Nice place to Visit :

http://travel.msn.com//Guides/MSNTravelSlideShow.aspx?cp-documentid=473925&imageindex=8

6EBAD30FF44ED9D45AF32B7BCF55.jpg

Just wondering some good beach destinations that are affordable and relaxing.

Anywhere you never been always works for me... heading to Hawaii in sept. prices really drop after labor day.

Cruises are nice. We went on a 7 dayer in January. It was a great time.

March '09 we're doing a family vacation to one of the Disney's. The kids have had that on the radar screen for 3 years now. It's gonna be pricey since we'll be flying a family of 6.

I've thought about doing a Disney vacation. But I like going without the Kids. NOTHING bad about the kids.. but I like 7-10 Days of Me and Mrs. Moosie Alone time !! And we do camping vactions with the kids.

Playa del Carmen down Mexico way is nice, and close to Cozumel, Tulum, etc.
Inside passage cruise is great!
Rome should be on every list...

I've been down that side a couple times. Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel, tulum... We stayed in CanCun for a week and traveled south. On another cruise on another trip we hopped in for a day. Tulum and the Ruins were very nice if you're into that type of stuff. For me it was a bunch'cha old buildings. That is an inexpensive trip down that side with alot to see.

Never beed to Rome. While in Switzerland we took a trip to Milano for a world cup soccer game back in/.... 1990 ? Anyway, it was Holland Verses Germany and Germany took the game. I can't remember how many people were there but there was a HUUUUGE stadium full of people. Not as roudy as a Soccer game we went to in England... but it was Nutz non the less !! I have a Photo album full of crazy pictures. I should scan them in, those were the days I caused a little grief. Unlike my now calmer days..... I think I have one with the Italy Polizie... Some cig's hanging out of my ears... and No Bueno !!!

I have some pictres of England standing on a Red Phone booth with Big Ben in the Background. Another were the Red phone booth was smashing my "jimmy". I remember laying in the street next to a news reporters car.... HAHA another one standing in a trash can in a park looking at a map. I remember climing up on the top of a statue soldiers that stood about 20' high for a picture and hanging off another statue of a woman groping her iron breasts.....MAN, talking about Rome reminded me of some burried photo albums I should pull out :)

Rome sounds fun and looks good in movies. It also sounds expensive and way to much culture for this Redneck ;) I like cheap beaches. HEY, Where's the Beach'es !!!

Going to Cabo again in November. Whole family's going this year. Already bought the airfare and booked the hotel for a week. Airfare from Pittsburgh, 392.00 round trip. Penthouse at Seiasta Suits 550.00 for the week. We will be fishing and diving.

Rome should be on every list...
I agree. If you want beaches, head south down past Pompey (which is a GREAT visit) and you'll find a few Italian beaches. We stayed down that way for a couple of days before heading back north, but we went way too early in the year for beach lounging...

If Europe is a possiblity, a Greek Ilse cruise would be pretty kick-A! When I looked at the a couple of years ago they didn't seem too terribly priced, not Mexico cheap but not outgrageous either. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a little Greek style now and then... :D

vegas, when they have the good shows going on. recommend end of february, beginning of march for some decent weather. maybe end of march. wife mentioned it over the weekend. guessing we'll be out there some time over the fall/winter. let me know if you decide to go that way moosie. have a free stay possibly for you.

We have a cruise lined up for September out of Miami. I too enjoy cruises but have only been to Caribbean and Eastern Mexico so far. Moosie - get on cruise critic . com and you can get some smokin deals on group cruises. From what I have seen, the outside cruise websites have teh same lowest prices as the Carnival Site. I would love a trip to Egypt, but maybe wait until calmer times. Rome and Greece would be pretty cool too. I have also heard good thinkgs about the Cook Islands.

We're headed back to Maui in Feb of next year, will spend 2 weeks there in a condo in Lahaina, our favorite Hawaiian spot. Hope to get in some more fishing while i'm there and might try to spend a day or 2 in Kauai. Wife loves the sun and sand so that's where we spend our off time from Alaska.

You guys go to some really nice places for vacations. We go to deer camp, once we went to the Pocono's. Another time we went to Nashville. Pretty boring stuff compared to Cozumel, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Italy. If I can't hunt or fish there, ain no sense in going. Besides I am a cheap prick.

We're headed back to Maui in Feb of next year, will spend 2 weeks there in a condo in Lahaina, our favorite Hawaiian spot. Hope to get in some more fishing while i'm there and might try to spend a day or 2 in Kauai. Wife loves the sun and sand so that's where we spend our off time from Alaska.

Nice! We love Maui too...do you have a good rate on the condo in Lahaina? Curious if it's beachfront or on the other side of the road.

I've thought about doing a Disney vacation. But I like going without the Kids. NOTHING bad about the kids.. but I like 7-10 Days of Me and Mrs. Moosie Alone time !! And we do camping vactions with the kids.

I want to take a vacation with the kids all the time, but April thinks just like you. Her and I only no kids.

What island are you going to CJCJ and for how long ? What is "Really drop" in prices ?

Oahu, even though prices [airline] are rising...after labor day you can save 20%-40% on everything.....plan on seeing as many Islands as we can in 5 days

Back