Utah

BeartoothFront

Does one need a license when they apply or when the draw happens. It says I have a valid one so I don't need to get another. But will I need one when the draw happens?

Nevermind. Answered my own question. Should have looked before I asked

"As long as your license is vaid on the date you submit your application, you dont have to purchase a new license for the actual hunt."

I don't think so, at the time of the drawing. But they won't actually send you the permit until you have a current license. Happened to me last year with a deer tag. I drew it, but after several weeks of it not showing up I called and was informed the reason it hadn't been sent to me was because my license had lapsed. As soon. As I had renewed my license, the tag was on the way.

In Utah, your tag counts as your lic. All that matters is that you have a lic when you apply for the draw. That is why people are able to use one lic for two years of applications. If you draw but your "license" expired prior, its not an issue as your tag becomes your license. Pretty different than the rest of the West.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back