Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Utah Republican Governor primary

Who will you vote for in Utah’s Republican primary for Governor?

• Huntsman

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Cox

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hughes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not voting/not from Utah show results

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oneye

I know some here are from Utah, please only vote if you’re from Utah and will be voting in the primary election taking place this month.

comment on what you think of the candidates as well if you’d like. I have my opinions and will post as well. Please vote in the poll who you’re planning to support if you’re voting during this months primary.

Cox has my vote. He is from a small town seems like he still has those small town values. Plus his signs saying "This is Cox country" has a nice ring to it. The Huntsmans have the name recognition so I believe he will win all the "major urban areas".

Cox has my vote. He is from a small town seems like he still has those small town values. Plus his signs saying "This is Cox country" has a nice ring to it. The Huntsmans have the name recognition so I believe he will win all the "major urban areas".
Huntsman and Cox are definitely the best candidates for sportsmen here and public lands. Cox worries me a bit because he will certainly cater to the farm and ranchers over sportsmen more than Huntsman I think. Huntsman is just a bit more bold as far as being willing to step outside the normal Utah thought process (pro-transfer). Cox will be fine, but I do expect him to support the legislatures public lands pushes where I think Huntsman wouldn’t be scared to oppose it a bit. Both are good candidates though, and both will be fine as Governor IMO.

Just listened to their opinions on it during their rural Utah debate. Hughes and Wright aren’t good at all. Huntsman and Cox aren’t great as far as public lands either, though I think if you’re hoping for less hostile pro transfer stuff Cox and Huntsman are the best, but everyone mentioned Ivory as if he was a good thing.

Agree that Huntsman and Cox are the least bad options for public lands. Huntsman is a bit too much of a Washington politician these days for my taste. It’s a toss up between the two for me on policy, but I’ve met Cox and seen Huntsman on TV and just like Cox a little better.

Agree that Huntsman and Cox are the least bad options for public lands. Huntsman is a bit too much of a Washington politician these days for my taste. It’s a toss up between the two for me on policy, but I’ve met Cox and seen Huntsman on TV and just like Cox a little better.
The reason I voted Huntsman is because he has shown when he was Governor before he wasn’t afraid to step outside Utah norms when he pressured the legislature to change liquor laws in the state. Those changes have helped the states economy and willingness of businesses and conventions to come here a ton. Had he never been Governor I’m not sure how long it would have taken to happen. He’s just shown me he’s not afraid to step outside the Utah norms. Cox is great too, and I agree a great guy, I’m just not sure he’s the bold leader Huntsman is. I feel like Cox is, go along with the legislature type, and Huntsman has shown he’s not afraid to pressure the legislature for beneficial change or disagree with them.

Back