Utah north slope summit moose

colejb12

Hey guys I hit the lottery and drew the north slope summit moose tag. I was wondering if anyone will help me with info on some good drainage's to check out or has been out and seen some nice bulls? so far I've checked west beaver creek, and henrys fork and seen old tracks but nothing to fresh.

Never hunted moose there but here you don’t see many moose till closer to the rut and they start moving around

When they rut are they pretty vocal like elk to track them? unfortunately Whitney reservoir is on the west side of mirror lake highway and the highway is the boundry line is east of mirror lake highway to burnt fork.

When they rut are they pretty vocal like elk to track them? unfortunately Whitney reservoir is on the west side of mirror lake highway and the highway is the boundry line is east of mirror lake highway to burnt fork.
No not vocal like an elk. You can hear them but they are no where near as loud as elk. But they cover miles when the rut starts

Christmas meadows almost always holds a few moose and they summer in the basin around Amethyst lake. I have seen some big bulls while fishing Amethyst. That is a five mile hike, but I would bet they will move down to the Christmas meadows area near the rut. Good luck

Christmas meadows almost always holds a few moose and they summer in the basin around Amethyst lake. I have seen some big bulls while fishing Amethyst. That is a five mile hike, but I would bet they will move down to the Christmas meadows area near the rut. Good luck
Tried over by mosslander on the Wyoming line? Or just giving me the tag? My 18 points there leave me in no mans land.

We used to see them a lot over by millcreek, but those young trees have grown in, might be worth a look.

Look between hoop lake and long park lake and up to spirit lake they are always in that area called hickerson park.

Thanks for the info i'll look at
Just saw this posted online. Nice bull at papoose lake.

Just saw this posted online. Nice bull at papoose lake.

nice bull for sure pretty far out of my units boundaries unfortunately

Look between hoop lake and long park lake and up to spirit lake they are always in that area called hickerson park.
I've scouted below the hoop lake drainage. spirit lake and hickerson are out of my unit boundaries unfortunately. i cant go past burnt fork.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back