Utah Man busted for wasting elk

i think they should have nailed him even harder......you can tell what he wanted off of that bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda bugs me cause I go to great lengths to keep the meat fresh. Its good to see that the 19 state compact will hinder his ability to hunt anywhere for 3 years. IMHO it is a good stiff penalty for being lazy and wasteful.

Cheers
Roadtrip

I agree..he pretty much got the book..for a misdemeanor and he deserved it too. I boned a small bull out on the kill site back in the 80's deep in the Bitterroots and felt a little guilty about leaving the pile I did. However, I didn't waste any meat.

Hoyt said:
I agree..he pretty much got the book..for a misdemeanor and he deserved it too. I boned a small bull out on the kill site back in the 80's deep in the Bitterroots and felt a little guilty about leaving the pile I did. However, I didn't waste any meat.

If you took out all the meat, what did you feel guilty about? :confused:

only 1200 in fine's.........another 500 for the public pretender.....i think the fines should of been much stiffer..........jail time was about right.

story seems a litle funny ...why would you take 66 LBS of meat to a butcher shop......wouldnt you just cut it up yourself?.probably more to this story.

JB said:
story seems a litle funny ...why would you take 66 LBS of meat to a butcher shop......wouldnt you just cut it up yourself?.probably more to this story.

Kind of sounds like he maybe took it there for cold storage while he spent a couple more days in the area.

If you took out all the meat, what did you feel guilty about?

I guess guilty was not the right word..it was my first and only elk hunt and seemed like an awful big pile to leave behind. Had it to do over again I sure would like to have the hide.
I'm pretty sure I got conned into the boning..we had paid a guide to do a lot of work over the summer and we completely outfitted ourselves and him.
Pack saddles, main wall tent, spike wall tent, small wall tent for food storage, stove, cots, scabbards saddles if not already owned....everything.
We rented 10 horses for a month in Montana went in on horses out of Darby Mt., rode into Idaho and hunted there.
The guide didn't hunt with us or guide us he was supposed to just scout during the summer and find good area for camp. He got run over with a pack horse and cracked his rib anyway..(yellow jackets on narrow creek bed trail...nowhere to jump out of way). and had to walk out.
The guide said he didn't know how to bone out an elk..and didn't know if any of the horses would pack meat..they did..and I boned the elk out.
It was an experience and the ultimate hunt as far as I'm concerned.

The amount of money he got fined isn't all that much.....but it's probably not as important to him as his hunting revoction and jail time. Plus, he's gonna have that poaching label on him for awhile. What a lazy azz idiot!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back