Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Utah antelope

ashersdad

Got lucky and drew an antelope tag in Utah this year. A week before the opener my brother got a call from UT fish and wildlife and someone had turned their tag back in and he was next on the list. Problem was it was in a different unit 2 hours away from my unit. No worries I told him, take the tag and we'll make it happen.

Opening morning we went to his unit and right at first light we saw 3 bucks. After an unsuccessful stalk we regrouped and were able to relocate one of the bucks and my brother made a great shot.

1632179981690.png

We had the buck quartered up and back to the truck by 10am so we decided to head to my unit. Driving to the spot I had intended to hunt we spotted some antelope about a mile off the road. We made a plan and hiked around them to keep out of view. As we were making a play on a buck, this buck appeared out of nowhere in front of us and one shot later he was down. We had a rain storm move in but were able to quarter him up and get him back to the truck by 3:00. Pretty great day of antelope hunting and still left time for a pizza dinner that night.

1632180199842.png

Good deal! Sounds like a great hunt, especially if it was mostly unexpected by your brother. Congrats

Congratulations on the great adventure of two brothers.

Your first photo (of your brother) threw me off……I thought to myself, ”wow, the COVID pandemic has really changed ashersdad”.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back