Caribou Gear

Utah 2011 Drawing Booklet

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Since we are talking about applications in the many western states coming up in the early part of 2011, here is the link to the draft booklet for Utah.

The application dates are February 1 to March 3. And it looks like we will find out later this year, as they are not setting the final quotas until the commission meeting in early May. Probably be mid-May when they announce, rather than late April.

Draft of the 2011 Utah Big Game Drawing Booklet

Sitting in the top of the Non-resident antelope points pile, but that has been the case for many years, so I am not holding my breath. :eek:

utah elk tags

I have 4 bonus points in utah and was wondering what my chances of drawing a decent tag and what areas would be good to try ? I am very fit and do not mind a long walk and i would like a chance at a decent bull.

I have 4 bonus points in utah and was wondering what my chances of drawing a decent tag and what areas would be good to try ? I am very fit and do not mind a long walk and i would like a chance at a decent bull.

In Utah your chances on any given tag, range from a sure bet to a pipe dream, same tag.

Seriously, there is no reason to the yearly results. People with 1 point draw the same tag that someone else drew with 12 points. It is a true bonus point system. You just gotta be lucky.

That said, if all you want is a decent bull, there are at least 4 other states with better options in far less time.

See for yourself.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggame/pdf/10_bg_bonus_point_draw_results.pdf

Dink is right. I have gone over the Utah draw odds and it's amazing the amount of folks drawing glorious tags with hardly any points while people with really high points stay at home. If you want to hunt and not "wait till next year" you've got to diversify.

CO is a good choice because you can hunt it every year and if you do get drawn in Utah and can't hunt both, CO allows you to return your tag for either $ or points or if it was a 2nd+ choice it'll cost you almost nothing.

And once they issue the final booklet, not just a draft, these drawing odds might help.

2010 Utah Drawing Odds

I am afraid I have better odds of winning a tag at the Western Hunting Expo than to draw one in the limited entry drawings.

Back