MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

UT Expo results

you cant really compare last years odds as last year anybody could apply online without having to show up at the expo,,this year you gotta show up and confirm,, so that should kill off most non res further than 100 miles away i would think.

you cant really compare last years odds as last year anybody could apply online without having to show up at the expo,,this year you gotta show up and confirm,, so that should kill off most non res further than 100 miles away i would think.
I posted the 2022 odds above. Looks like NR drew about 37 tags, which seems high compared to past years of in person validation.

Can anyone tell me the total applications of 2021 vs 2022. I suspect that 2021 would have had a much higher number of applications since in person validation was not required.

I’m not sure how many people put in for these tags but the fact that a hush guy, a gohunt guy, a remi warren guy, a epic outdoors guy, a rokslide guy, “hunt diy” guy all “drew” these tags seems fishy. If I was randy and crew I’d be putting in for these. Seems the social media influencers go into a special draw.
I took the luxury of wasting a lot of time and typed all non Utah peoples names in instagram.... Theres also an outdoor life editor, wife of an actor(he drew a tag two years ago) a guy from thoseguysoutdoors who drew(another guy from that group drew two of last three years).

I took the luxury of wasting a lot of time and typed all non Utah peoples names in instagram.... Theres also an outdoor life editor, wife of an actor(he drew a tag two years ago) a guy from thoseguysoutdoors who drew(another guy from that group drew two of last three years).
Even more credence to what MtGomer said. There is no way it cannot be rigged.
Don’t worry, it’s all in the name of conservation though.

One of my biggest complaints about the expo is the in-person validation of applications. It's not really a fair system to make people that live in the far corners of the state of Utah to drive up to 5 hours, one way, to apply for public permits when people that live in SLC can go down and apply on their lunch break. it also isn't the best way to get the most money out of the permits.

2021- 424.206 applications, app fees $2,121,030. No in-person validation

2022- 374.991 applications, app fees $1,874,995. In-person validation required

That's $246,035 less this year than last.

Shocking I say. Who ever would have thought that $fw, who have never been transparent, never submitted to independent audit, who don't even allow public viewing of the expo draw, might rig anything?

Fact is. The expo is possible, along with $fw/MDF, based on 2things.

1st, rich dudes having big schlongs bidding wars.

2nd, hunting companies.

The first is obvious.

And here comes me touching the "the fire".

There are a ton of hunting related companies that will talk about "conservation", and talk about public land hunting($fw is opposed to public land hunting), but when the rubber hits the road, will show up, and support the expo.

Give REI, Black Diamond, Patagonia credit. They stuck to their stated beliefs, and got Outdoor retailer show pulled from SLC, and are now promising a boycott if it returns.

The same IS NOT true of companies in our space.

Like it or not, that's the cold hard truth.

As long as $fw can show huge attendance numbers(the real reason for in person validation), and huge commerce numbers, the abortion that is the expo will continue, and in fact, will get only larger.

Would companies that claim to support hunting and public land, lose market share? No.

In fact it would help to focus attention on ACTUAL CONSERVATION vs Advertising slogans.

Yes. I know Fin will comment. I know he doesnt agree totally with this position, and yes, he and I have been back and forth on different forums about it.

But not a single person, says "hey, brand x wasn't at the expo, better quit buying their stuff"

One of my biggest complaints about the expo is the in-person validation of applications. It's not really a fair system to make people that live in the far corners of the state of Utah to drive up to 5 hours, one way, to apply for public permits when people that live in SLC can go down and apply on their lunch break. it also isn't the best way to get the most money out of the permits.

2021- 424.206 applications, app fees $2,121,030. No in-person validation

2022- 374.991 applications, app fees $1,874,995. In-person validation required

That's $246,035 less this year than last.
To be fair, I think its nice for the pimp to let a Utah guy have first crack at his wife before she goes out on the street. Even if he still has to pay for the opportunity.
Without the in person she would be spread thin across the country.

Shocking I say. Who ever would have thought that $fw, who have never been transparent, never submitted to independent audit, who don't even allow public viewing of the expo draw, might rig anything?

Fact is. The expo is possible, along with $fw/MDF, based on 2things.

1st, rich dudes having big schlongs bidding wars.

2nd, hunting companies.

The first is obvious.

And here comes me touching the "the fire".

There are a ton of hunting related companies that will talk about "conservation", and talk about public land hunting($fw is opposed to public land hunting), but when the rubber hits the road, will show up, and support the expo.

Give REI, Black Diamond, Patagonia credit. They stuck to their stated beliefs, and got Outdoor retailer show pulled from SLC, and are now promising a boycott if it returns.

The same IS NOT true of companies in our space.

Like it or not, that's the cold hard truth.

As long as $fw can show huge attendance numbers(the real reason for in person validation), and huge commerce numbers, the abortion that is the expo will continue, and in fact, will get only larger.

Would companies that claim to support hunting and public land, lose market share? No.

In fact it would help to focus attention on ACTUAL CONSERVATION vs Advertising slogans.

Yes. I know Fin will comment. I know he doesnt agree totally with this position, and yes, he and I have been back and forth on different forums about it.

But not a single person, says "hey, brand x wasn't at the expo, better quit buying their stuff"
No shocks there, all your favorite instafamous YouTube celebrity hunting industry insiders are there. Gotta monetize recreational hunting and wildlife any way you can, sell that merch! Oh yeah and don’t forget to #conservation.

No shocks there, all your favorite instafamous YouTube celebrity hunting industry insiders are there. Gotta monetize recreational hunting and wildlife any way you can, sell that merch! Oh yeah and don’t forget to #conservation.

I think if you saw the names associated with buying those you’d see a lot of the same ones year after year. It’s amazing how well sfw convinced Utah to let the common man sit and way for who knows how long for a tag while the wealthy just buy a primo tag every year

What's amazing is, it's no secret Utah pimps out over 500 tags.

But when you see it in writing and it takes up 10.5 pages, man that drives it home

Glad I read this. There has to be a lawsuit in there somewhere.

Back