USMC: Happy Birthday Marines!

T Bone

"For the mission's sake, our country's sake, and the sake of the men who carried the Division's colors in past battles - who fought for life and never lost their nerve - carry out your mission and keep your honor clean. Demonstrate to the world there is "no better friend, no worse enemy" than a U.S. Marine. "

--Major General James Mattis

Thank you for your service U.S. Marines, past and present.
Feel free to post tributes, pics, etc.

My son Nathaniel.

The man loves his rifle.

Urban hide, Figuring ranges, drops, and windage. Skills behind the trigger, he has.

It's been almost a year since we've seen him......He should be home Christmas Eve. We are excited.

Growing up a tough wyoming ranch kid, the Marines took and made a quintessential warrior out of him. Staff Sgt J.E. Schneider. Went to Korea twice, once before becoming a Marine, (top secret story that the family will never know all about) then returned and went through accelerated boot camp. Joined his Company 3 days after the landing at Inchon. Several Silver Star and purple ribbons later, he returned after 17 months of action in the front lines. Hardly ever talked about his time there, he did suffer one lingering effect......sudden unexpected noises directly behind him would set off a fight or flight response.

A great father, grandfather, and perhaps because of what he experienced in Korea, a great godly man.

Now his ashes are safe at Arlington.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 293
To those past, present and future....Happy Birthday Marine.

Attachments

• 31dxGm8YM8L.jpg
    31dxGm8YM8L.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 260
My father was a Marine, served in Vietnam, and and is a great man. I always say Marines are proud to be Marines....they should be. They are awesome examples of the best our country has to offer and I look up to them. Happy birthday Marines and thank you.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back