Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

upper kobuk moose

dapiek

I just drew my permit for unit 23.. the upper kobuk river portion. I have transportation already available...but umm, well the last conversation with him have led me to reasearch further. Can anyone offer a few good suggestions for a first time moose hunter in this unit?

Looks like a heck of a fun hunt in some of the last unspoiled wilderness in the state. I've not been up there yet, but plan to in the near future. What I've read about the area/river is the natives don't go above the rapids on the Kobuk, consequently the moose numbers are higher on the upper river.

I don't think its hunted much because its so far out in the middle of BFE. Who is flying you in? Have you talked to the Bio for the area? I don't know who you'd even call... maybe the guy/gal in Kotzebue?

Call and talk to some trasnporters in Kotz and ask for more info.

There is a guy in Kotz that rents boats and gear for float trips. I can't remember his last name, but the first is Walt. The Bios up there probably know his name.

I think Walt sold the biz and moved further south, can't remember to whom he sold...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back