MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Upland Semi-Auto shotgun recommendations.

SoCalhunt88

I am currently running a CZ Sharptail SS 20 gauge and enjoy it. That being said I plan to add to the quiver and am Leaning towards the franchi elite in 20 gauge. Goals are a lighter gun I can throw a strap on so I can take it for long arduous walks, I’d like the mrs to be able to shoot it for those times she joins and I’d like it to take some abuse potentially in a duck blind. I am always chasing value and don’t mind spending the money if I’m getting more than just a name. Any feedback is appreciated, especially if anyone has any first hand with the franchi.
cheers

I know you said mainly upland but you mentioned duckblind. I will throw the SBE3 at ya, just shoulder one and you will see why(both weight & feel). Recoil is the least of almost any shotgun i have ever shot, benelli has figured it out. My 11 year old daughter can shot mine with 2 3/4"...

Added: i went to store to buy a montefeltro which i had shot and was super impressed with, shouldered the SBE and had to have it!

Last edited:
6 pounds seems like a good weight, and they get solid reviews. Go w/the Franchi & let us know how it shoots.

Benelli Montefeltro is a rock solid inertia style that will out shoot the lifetime of its owner - it is the BEST semi-auto under $1,000.
The Beretta A400 is a bit pricier but is a great all around gas style. At $700, the A300s are the best gas guns under $750.
If you are on tight buget the Mossberg SA-20 is a great value.

If you can go up in price, the any of the other Benelli or Berettas are great guns.

I have a 12 Gauge Franchi Affinity and it's been my primary duck/pheasant gun for 6 years I'm not recommending that gun in particular, but can vouch that you should look at Franchi in 20ga. I've been very pleased.

Light loads in your current 20 doesn't suffice?
It does but she has trouble with the breach, my thought is the semi poses the friendliest shotgun for her. The other reason I like the idea of a 20 over 12 is the sound difference. I typically don’t wear earplugs unless I’m waterfowl hunting because I hate the sensation of hiking with em and hearing myself huff and puff up the hill after birds. Do you have a solve for that?

It does but she has trouble with the breach, my thought is the semi poses the friendliest shotgun for her. The other reason I like the idea of a 20 over 12 is the sound difference. I typically don’t wear earplugs unless I’m waterfowl hunting because I hate the sensation of hiking with em and hearing myself huff and puff up the hill after birds. Do you have a solve for that?
A buddy and I both use these. I like them. If I had the budget I would get nicer ones.

The lightweight inertia guns kick like the devil, relatively speaking. The little lady might not like that.

I did a lot of searching when i wanted one. Mine had to double for spring turkey duty also.
I ended up getting a CZ720.
Comes with nice hard case & 5 chokes with tool.
Average price new was running in the $525 range.
At the range, i took the plug out & let the wife shoot it. She really liked it.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back