Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Upland 2023

Around here the ruffies seem to disappear when the snow hits. Even tho our season runs until December 31 once the snow hits I quit seeing them and don’t hunt them. I have been out with a friend late season moose hunting. First day saw some ruffies, no moose no shotgun. Today no moose but I was prepared and got these five while gathering wood for a wiener roast or while eating. Latest I have ever shot them by about three weeks probably

IMG_1527.jpeg

Finally made it out after some chukkar and huns. My GSP, Rudy, is out with an injured front leg. So hunted with my buddy and his Visala, Penny. Definitely not the same hunting without your own dog, but had to get out and chase some birds. Found a nice pair of elk antlers along the way.
IMG_20231121_161431307_HDR.jpg

Pup has been getting the short straw this fall with some a few more big game hunts than usual, and the new kiddo soaking up some time. Got a couple hunts carved out for this weekend and more through end of January. I'm hoping he still remembers how to do it.

7135987224.jpg

This mornings effort yeilded just these two. Dogs weren’t even interested. Gotta like that. Poking around my next door neighbors place. Got home and the better half advised the roosters and quail were in the backyard While I was next door.

Attachments

• IMG_8101.jpeg
    IMG_8101.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8094.jpeg
    IMG_8094.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8095.jpeg
    IMG_8095.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts