Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

update on shop fire and new knee

DaveHawk

Last 2 days myself and a biker friend / contractor and I have been building walls while Jarrod son and 3 helpers moved all the contents to the new shop. All that is left to move is the spray booth , strip and wash tanks. So things are happening.*
Today was my last day for PT I'm at 98% rotation, now to straighten and pain to disappear.
I have gotten in a couple turkey hunts , but not being able to run and gun because of the knee so the birds have been lucky so far so this weekend I'm taking young Dan Sims out to my hot spot and putting him out in front and hopefully get one of these old Toms in his gun range.

Sounds like things are progressing well on both fronts. Thanks for the update and good luck!

Dave, I'm glad everything is coming together. I know Jr's looking forward to this weekend. I'm sure you'll be able to teach him a thing or two about calling turkey.

Today I was able to get permission for Dan to hunt my buddy's farm , thats a 1st, so after a morning hunt near front royal we'll head to Louisa Va. to hunt Sunday morning.

Dan and I chased birds Today in the morning. Could of should of would of taken a shot but I held Dan up from a 50 yarder to get closer. Birds caught us 1st and we played chase for a while. My leg got one heck of a work out over 3 miles.
Dan had an awesome time and visit at seeing a lot of colonial history and a bit of military history at my friends farm. Plus he got an invite back that says a lot about this young marine character. DAN Sir. You done good in raising such a fine young man. Plus he was a big help to me. We'll get out again next weekend.

Dan sent me a bunch of pictures from the farm. What a truly beautiful place. I know he had a great time, and he will never forget the experience. Again, I can't thank you and Jarrod enough for taking him under your wings while he is out there.

Back