Yeti GOBOX Collection

Unwanted hunting intruders ?

mdcrossbow

Buddy posted a pic of a bobcat who messed up his hunt.
Last year in Florida, I'd left my decoys out for the afternoon hunt after seeing a good number of birds in the morning. So I was wondering where the birds were and then spotted this guy wondering the same thing.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 48
Dogs.

Now normally I love dogs. I have three and there’s nothing quite like being greeted by the pack when I get home.

Out bow hunting though and having someone‘s neighborhood unchained dog(s) running loose in the woods scaring all the deer?

Yeah, that’s really unwanted.

for me I am most annoyed by mice in a tent when hunting. Hate those things
Do you use the peanut butter on a skewered pop can on a dowel rod above the 5-gallon bucket with 5" of water in the bottom? Need a ramp. Ker-plunk is a sweet sound after having critters playing hide n seek inside your sleeping bag or doing a Dukes of Hazard jump over your nose. Unlike the picture, smear the peanut butter around the entire circumference.

bucket trap mouse.jpg

Do you use the peanut butter on a skewered pop can on a dowel rod above the 5-gallon bucket with 5" of water in the bottom? Need a ramp. Ker-plunk is a sweet sound after having critters playing hide n seek inside your sleeping bag or doing a Dukes of Hazard jump over your nose. Unlike the picture, smear the peanut butter around the entire circumference.

View attachment 263236
I do by my camper, but that is a lot of stuff to pack into the back country.

Dogs.

Now normally I love dogs. I have three and there’s nothing quite like being greeted by the pack when I get home.

Out bow hunting though and having someone‘s neighborhood unchained dog(s) running loose in the woods scaring all the deer?

Yeah, that’s really unwanted.
Isn't that called a coyote?

As annoying as that would be I couldn't shoot someone's dog.

Isn't that called a coyote?

As annoying as that would be I couldn't shoot someone's dog.

It was a Jack Russell and some kind of Shitpoo mix, chasing through the underbrush as a very decent forkie and three does go crashing by my tree stand…

View attachment 263236
I like it. 😎

Foggy, drizzly opening morning of Spring gobbler season I see a large, white, indistinct shape looming in the early morning gloom. It was moving around right near where I intended to sit. Turkeys were roosted less than 100 yards away.

It was a horse. It did not want to leave. I shooed it out of there twice before it left and it didn't get out of sight. I don't know if it was still there when I shot or not.

On a pristine fall morning of mewing cows and bugling elk, I earnestly believe that the strategically spaced squirrels cackling in the branches above are screaming to the nearby animals “batten down the hatches! Take cover! The enemy is closing in!”

It doesn’t take too many series’ of squirrel laughter for me to start wasting arrows on the little bastards.

Speaking of dogs, once a friend and I put his dog in the back of his truck with a topper and set out elk hunting (he was on his way somewhere else, that's why he had his dog). Dog was whining and barking, but we figured it would stop when we got out of sight. Which it did. Well about a mile up the mountain who should show up on our heels but the dog, who had apparently cracked open the side window of the topper and managed to crawl out. So we elk hunted with a dog all day lol. I was a little annoyed but mostly it was pretty funny.

Pack rats! I am not sure if it is the rat itself or my 72 year old hunting partner that interests out shooting them with a 12ga when I am sound asleep. I call him the Great White Pack Rat Hunter. Many of nights have found me outside the hunting cabin holding a flashlight for Dave as he is looking for the elusive pack rat that terrorizes our hunting camp. There will be no sleep until he blasts the beast. I am pretty sure he has several #1 B&C records for them.

I've gone up and knocked on doors where I know the dog lives. Have a talk with the owner if there reasonable it's a nice conversation, if there Dicks I leave them with the thought that they may never see there dog again if I see them. I never shot a dog and wouldn't. But they don't know that.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back