Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Unsuccessful Cali Archery Season

NickCNC

Four days of hunting in CA D5, turned out no return this archery season (for both deer and bear). Saw a ton of sign, but only one legal buck that i put a stalk on but he busted me at about 90yds.. Anyone have some Archery Season success?

Same here. D5 3 days straight with an AO and bear tag. Tons of Bear scat zero signs of deer except for a handful of does in town. I’m going back up the mountain towards the end of rifle season and again early November to try and fill my bear tag.

I too saw tons of bear scat but no bear sightings... i will be up for rifle opener for my son and a couple more days throughout season on depending on our success... i have AO tag as well along with bear tag but my son is using his crossbow for deer season so he has to wait til general season. Plan to go up friday before opener and spend night.

How high elevation did you check? I was in The area I normally hunt in D5 opening weekend and seen way less sign and deer than I normally do. This spot is higher elevation just didn’t seem like I seen as
Much as I usually do. I’ll prob be trying lower this year for the opener

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back