Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Unsuccesfull in Idaho Moose....again

okie archer

Just got an email from Idaho g&f notifying me of my unsuccessful moose app. Another donation I guess. I guess I can use my refund toward other hunts.

Unsuccessful Controlled Hunt Application​

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for applying for a once in a lifetime controlled hunt. We are sorry to inform you that your application was not selected in the drawing.

If you purchased your application at a license vendor location or at an Idaho Fish and Game Regional or Headquarters office, you will be receiving a state check in the mail shortly. We’ll mail it to the address on file at the time of the draw.

If you purchased your application on-line or over the 800 number, you will receive a credit on the card used to purchase the application no later than June 30.

No moose for me. Just as text chimes and ring tones can be customized, I think pressing the “submit” button on M-S-G tags with hundred dollar+ in application/convenience fees should yield a burbling, sucking, toilet flush sound. At least it reinforces the reality of doing this year after year!

And refunds only before June 30th? Don’t these people understand how hard this stuff is to hide from your wife for month after month? If I slip up even once and she sees the statements, how am I going to be able to criticize how much money she spends on groceries. Sheesh, a little help?

No sheep for myself. I wonder how many people dropped out of the nr pool
With the increase in fees this year.

I have put in for eight years and have not drawn. It took a family friend about 25 years to finally get drawn. Meanwhile his son-in-law got drawn his first year. I feel your pain.

Outstanding - The good thing about Idaho, even when not drawn, we still get a good elk and deer tag.

I've drawn well over the years in Idaho since 1982.

Outstanding - The good thing about Idaho, even when not drawn, we still get a good elk and deer tag.

I've drawn well over the years in Idaho since 1982.
This is true. I believe we are starting to see moose numbers picking up in Idaho. Last week I saw 13 in unit 50, nothing of great size though.

This is true. I believe we are starting to see moose numbers picking up in Idaho. Last week I saw 13 in unit 50, nothing of great size though.
Wow. My wife has a moose tag in 44, 45, 48, 49, and 52. I have only found a couple but have yet to check the 49/50 boarder. Were any of the ones you saw in that area?
I guess I had better get over there

If it makes anyone feel better, I put in for bear, elk, mule deer, antelope, moose, and bighorn and didn't draw anything. 😐 Better luck next year I suppose, just glad OTC tags are a thing.

If it makes anyone feel better, I put in for bear, elk, mule deer, antelope, moose, and bighorn and didn't draw anything. 😐 Better luck next year I suppose, just glad OTC tags are a thing.
You've got skills. Since you are not allowed to put in for other controlled hunts if you apply for any of the big three.

Only the moose was for Idaho. Antelope was for Wyoming, elk and spring bear were for Oregon, bighorn was for Nevada, and mule deer was Montana. I try to share the financial love I suppose.
Thats more of the rule here and definitely not the exception. Good luck next year.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back