Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Unit 75/751 CO

bucksnbulls25

Not looking for honey holes, buuuuuut... Just kidding, I know those posts are annoying, and I know that you should take any hunting specific info that you find on an internet forum with a grain of salt!

I will be heading to 75/751 for the 3rd season. I have done months of research, spoke to local biologists, and have pretty much gotten my game plan together. Any last things that I could be overlooking that are specific to the unit? This is geared more towards access issues, possible road closures, etc. that could be overlooked by someone not familiar with the area. I think I have done about all of the planning and research that I could possibly do, but maybe some familiar with the area could point out something that I could be overlooking or things that deserve extra consideration for this specific unit, aside from the obvious "be sure to stay off of rez land"?

My advice would be to have your plans B and C dialed in and ready to go in case other hunters alter your plan A. Just listened to the latest Meateater podcast (titled Boxing with Grizzlies) and I believe they hunted one of these units last month and were talking about how insane it was during Muzzy season in the San Juans. It's unfortunate that Mule Deer tag holders have to endure the immense pressure of OTC Elk hunters, especially since preference points are usually involved.

i was there with an archery deer tag.. and holy shit were there a lot of people. i bet we saw 10-15 hunters a day 7 miles back.. filled my tag but there were too many people around. its a cool area but man i wish that there was some sort of buffer between OTC elk and deer seasons

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back