Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Unit 711 (Colorado)

I hunted 71 a couple of years ago. You're right there, (Cortez) right? You hunting 711?

noharleyyet said:
I hunted 71 a couple of years ago. You're right there, (Cortez) right? You hunting 711?

Yeah, I will be hunting in 711 a little. I will be looking for a cow with my bow next weekend. Its an OTC tag and I can hunt in any unit. I mainly hunt in 71 & 74. I drew a 1st season rifle bull tag for unit 21 up by Rangely,Co. and I drew a late 4th season buck tag for 75 & 751. :D

My buddy has a monster 34" muley in full velvet spotted on one of his properties (unit 711) and he was wanting someone to try for it. He just wants a small trespass fee to go hunt it! :D

We camped at the corrals near Groundhog in 71 and hunted near the Nipple during a 2nd season OTC in '03...was near 90 degrees, bone dry, & shoulder to shoulder orange...was still a blast though.

small trespass fee huh?...go figure :D

Good luck.

noharleyyet said:
We camped at the corrals near Groundhog in 71 and hunted near the Nipple during a 2nd season OTC in '03...was near 90 degrees, bone dry, & shoulder to shoulder orange...was still a blast though.

small trespass fee huh?...go figure :D

Good luck.

best time to hunt that area is archery or muzzy season, not near as many hunters. during rifle season everywhere you look you see orange!

Back