Unit 4

land7601

I am wondering if anyone has some up to date info on unit 4 here in Colorado. I have searched the web extensively and most of what I find is from 2010 and earlier. I am looking at 4th season and I hear there is a good amount of elk. Just not sure what the pressure is like since they started cutting tags. Anyone have any experience or tips they'd be willing to share?

Thank you in advance!

Alex

Just make sure you get the tag good for unit 3/301 as well. The elk migrate West out of the Elkheads, and by 4th rifle they may have crossed hwy 13, or they could still be up high. Hard to tell year to year. The more popular hunts see a ton of pressure. 4th rifle seems to be a bit better. There was only 3 vehicles total at Freeman Res this year in the last day of 4th.

I hunted for antelope in unit 4 in 2015,,seen 1 group of elk on private towards the east side of it ,but it was early October,thats all I got for ya.

Only have hunted first season in California Park . Lotsof elk and just as many elkhunters. Every elk I saw was running with there tounge out. If I ever went back it would be archery or muzzleloader..

Thanks for the heads up guys. I have hunted 301 in the past, but I had a youth tag late season.

So it sounds like the elk are there but so is the pressure. Story of Colorado it sounds like.

I appreciate help, might turn my sights elsewhere.

-Alex

Back