Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Unit 36 NM on fire.

ballplyr6

Hi just letting out of staters that drew unit 36 in NM it is currently on fire. New mexico is in a extreme drought

They indicate it has already burned 4000+ acres west of the 2012 burn so far. 0% containment. Not looking good for unit 36.

Im surprised I didnt draw that tag then. That would have been my luck, Draw tag and unit closed due to fires.

OMG I hope the cat mans trailer didn't burn

Looks like the forest service just closed the Wilderness area in Unit 36 through December 31,2021 due to the current fire. Hopefully they will open things before September, but figured those of you with tags would want to know...

—-

Ruidoso, NM, May 2, 2021 – A closure order has been issued for a portion of the White Mountains Wilderness, located in the Smokey Bear Ranger District of the Lincoln National Forest. The purpose of this Order is to protect public health and safety during the Three Rivers Fire. The Order went into effect on April 30, 2021, at 6:00 AM and shall remain in effect until December 31, 2021, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.

Please be advised that ALL National Forest System lands, roads, and trails within the exterior boundaries of the White Mountain Wilderness of the Lincoln National Forest, as depicted on the attached map, are part of the RESTRICTED AREA.

Violations of this order are punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of up to $5,000 for individual, $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment, or both.

For additional information pertaining to the Closure Order contact the Smokey Bear Ranger District at 575-257-4096 or the Lincoln National Forest Supervisor’s Office at 575-434-7200. For Three Rivers Fire information, please contact the fire information line at 575-386-5077.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back