Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

unit 13b arizona mule deer info needed

I have never posted on a forum either so i'm not sure what a troll thread is. I thought that someone who hunts also might be interested to help a Father and his son kill a mule deer. I am going to Arizona in December. Does any one know a location to start looking? And is north of the mountains a waste of time ?

The reason people are saying this is a joke or a troll thread is you’re saying you guys have one of the premier tags in the nation that usually takes a lifetime to draw. Then you’re asking people to tell a complete stranger on their first post on the forum good spots to hunt. Nobody wants to just throw out real locations in a reply because from here until the end of time, anyone who google’s where to hunt in unit 13b will see the answer. That spot could be ruined forever. I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but if you are being for real about asking for help you’re being awful pushy about it. This is a community of good people if you take time to introduce yourself and contribute. You might as well have just walked into a bar and demanded somebody give you 30 minutes with their sister and then get mad when nobody says sure thing buddy, always ready help a guy out.

If your son is Stationed in Az. he can't be half bad.Your son has a "Once in a Lifetime"
Tag,hunt every minute of every day.You'll never be back.Unless you are truly blessed
by the AZGF God's.Every Deer hunter in Az. has put in for that tag,maybe 2% drew it. :cool:

You should listen to Jay Scott Outdoor podcasts on hunting 13B. Very few people ever get that tag. This is coming from an Arizona resident. You really need to listen to the podcasts I'm suggesting. I know you think you're asking the correct questions...you need to listen to the advice people are giving you here.

Thanks brow tine i have started listening to the podcast. I am listening to the people giving real advice.

I am not for hiring a guide, but in this case I would hire a guide. Clay Bundy outfitters seems to know what is up. I have heard him on many of podcasts and they live among the deer in the unit

Thanks guys for your replies, my son is communicating with a guide. If someone could give even very general info it would help me research. Like "dont bother north of the interstate its a waste of time" or "once i saw deer in the south east corner of the unit" or "the deer might be around 4500 ft elevation if its hot. I might not be asking the right questions but any real help is sincerely appreciated. thanks again

You might check the AZ Game and Fish website for some general areas. Click on hunting and then where to hunt. Unit 13b is listed in the Flagstaff Region. It has areas listed that might get you started in the right direction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back