Yeti GOBOX Collection

Unfortunate Shot

BiggWimm

Check out the shot placement on this deer. Not trying to blame the archer, accidents happen but it is unfortunate that the deer has wandered into a populated area. This is bad publicity for archers and hunters in general, but it happens. Interesting photographs of 4x4mule deer with arrow in neck.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13897043

What a big, beautiful stag buck.

I'm willing to bet "Bucky" is chasing does again next year.

Yes bad publicity for archers, I would agree. Glad to see from photo's it appears to be healthy at least. Lets just hope it was simply a mistaken shot that happened.

"He's a Very Hansom Buck... He's a big 4 point buck, just beautiful and Proud......."

REALLY ? Sheeeesh, get that chit off the TV's.

Someone should walk up to it and Smash it in the head with a Frying pan and upload that video and say "At least it's not suffering any more.....Dinners ready" !!!

"He's a Very Hansom Buck... He's a big 4 point buck, just beautiful and Proud......."

REALLY ? Sheeeesh, get that chit off the TV's.

Someone should walk up to it and Smash it in the head with a Frying pan and upload that video and say "At least it's not suffering any more.....Dinners ready" !!!

Moosie, how cruel, a Frying Pan? Damn, use a Dutch Oven! LOL John;)

Heard of quite a few of these kind of stories come from Utah this year.

There's another buck wandering around a private housing area in Central Oregon with a similar condition that is being blamed on poaching. With mule deer being migratory who can say what the cause was. Makes good news I guess.

I had an antelope here in idaho walk into my waterhole once that looked exactly the same......you can tell where he fevered from an infection and lost some hair around the wound but was back to acting healthy......he came in wide of my blind and i got out and stalked him several hrs but couldnt close the deal, I thought it would have made a sweet euro mount!

Ya Its bad publicity but shizz happens. Its part of hunting in general.

Fish and game needs to get off their azz and either put the deer down or tranquilize it and cut off the arrow at the wound. This is not good PR for sportsman in general. The non hunting in general feed off this kind of stuff..:mad:

There were three mule deer in our area that I know of that were shot by archers and they were not recovered that I am aware of.

I have hunted with a bow before and am not slamming it but I think some of it might have to do with the increase of hunters using archery equipment. If you want a chance at a decent buck before rifle season starts archery is the way to go and people realize that.

Thats how I see it were I am at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back