Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Underwood Ammo for hunting

CoHunter1991

Anyone have any experience with Underwood hunting Ammo? Seems very hot. Wondered how it shot in everyone's rifles. Is it accurate and good ammo. Thanks for the help.

Why would you shoot underwood over Barnes? Is $10/box savings really worth it? There are plenty of other areas to cut cost for hunting but bullets should not be one of them.

Nothing else matters if after you shoot an animal you find the bullet did not perform as it should have and you do not retrieve the animal. Not worth the risk for $10 IMO.

The rounds I was looking at were a little more expensive then the majors and shot accubonds just at a higher velocity. Otherwise I agree

Why would you shoot underwood over Barnes? Is $10/box savings really worth it? There are plenty of other areas to cut cost for hunting but bullets should not be one of them.

Nothing else matters if after you shoot an animal you find the bullet did not perform as it should have and you do not retrieve the animal. Not worth the risk for $10 IMO.
I agree with the sentiment but looking at the site it doesn't look like cheap stuff to me? Lots of options are to be loaded with Nosler bullets which have proven themselves reliable a million times over.
The rounds I was looking at were a little more expensive then the majors and shot accubonds just at a higher velocity. Otherwise I agree
I say give it a shot and see how your guns like it.

Underwood is far from cheap. Alot of people really like it.

To the OP I've never used it myself as I load my own. I've had people say that the only expensive ammo they would buy is Underwood or bear load

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220818-171234_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220818-171234_Chrome.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 8
Awesome that’s what I’m wondering. Didn’t want to spend money on a little extra power but lose accuracy

Underwood is far from cheap. Alot of people really like it.

To the OP I've never used it myself as I load my own. I've had people say that the only expensive ammo they would buy is Underwood or bear load
My apologies, I wasn’t in the correct frame of mind when I replied and was thinking more of their handgun ammo. Carry on.

No worries. Just wasn’t sure if that extra 150fps effected accuracy at all. Particularly in 300wm and 270win

No worries. Just wasn’t sure if that extra 150fps effected accuracy at all. Particularly in 300wm and 270win
Accuracy is really up in the air. Velocity gives you less drop and more power down range. For example my gun likes 140 grain elite hunters at 3085 fps. I can make them go faster up to 3212 fps but accuracy drops off.

In my opinion there's way too much push on sub moa accuracy. If you have a terrible gun and terrible ammo getting 2 moa that's a 6 inch circle at 300 yards. The size of your hand and that's accurate enough to take down a deer.

I go back and forth between Underwood and Buffalo Bore. Prefer Underwood. Both are up tp the job.

Big underwood fan here. The hardcast and extreme penetrator are phenomenal. Imo the 10mm "Range supply" fmj ammo is the the closest you can get to a full power 10mm plinking load. It's slightly spicier than the Sig 10mm offerings.

Love Underwood, wish they would get production moving a little faster..

Anyone have any experience with Underwood hunting Ammo? Seems very hot. Wondered how it shot in everyone's rifles. Is it accurate and good ammo. Thanks for the help.

Hope u found help by now.
I use it in a Henry big boy x.
45 colt.
Non +P, and the +P
I keep leads below 265 gr.
My Henry wont cycle larger...
All ill buy now 4 ammo...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member