Ultimate Marriage Test

Before GPS. Driving to a location I have never been before with the wife giving directions.
Her: " You go down that road until you get to the mini mart then turn left. Go until you get to that big building, I don't know what it is, but you turn right there and go until you get to that blue house with the nice flower garden then you keep going a little bit and turn right again. then there should be a road off to the left, it's right down there."
Me: "Do you have an address or a street name or anything?"
Her: Blank stare like I was speaking Greek or something.

I can relate to this. On our way to a big family gathering in Iowa City. This whole thing is between her and her family so the only thing I know is its in Iowa City, About 15 minutes north of town I ask the wife how to get there and this is her response. when we get into Iowa City we take a left and then a right. She had absolutely no idea where to take a left or a right. I just shook my head and told her to get her sister on the phone for directions.

🤣🤣 Man, they gave me a couple Xanax or something to take an hour before I came in and I was totally relaxed. I chatted with the nurse and doc through the whole thing lol. My wife waited in the car to drive me home.

Best $700 (if I recall correctly, no insurance) I ever spent

My luck the surgeon would be Freddy Kruger.

Early on, wife and I decided to test compatibility with a weeklong canoe trip on the Missouri Wild & Scenic through the White Cliffs. About an hour from home I realized my binoculars were left at home. I never heard the end of it ... punctuated with a jab at every bend in the river! We spotted a guy with a solo canoe at one of the stopping places to view where Lewis & Clark had camped along the Missouri. Wife said, "I bet he remembered his binoculars." I responded, "Yep, I can tell from here that he's a lot smarter than me." Wife asked, "How can you tell?"
Fortunately her paddle was too short to reach the stern where I sat, as I replied, "He didn't bring a wife with him!" 'Good thing I can tread water! :D

Hole Wall.JPG

Dangling precariously from a tree while hanging stands while she tries and fails repeatedly to throw you ratchet straps

Back in my drinking days we just called it “going to the bar.”

I’m over those too for the most part. Good chance of rain tonight, Royals have a 1:10 game tomorrow in KC so I bought 4 tickets about an hour ago to take my kids and my nephew. I told my wife and she said “you don’t even know that it’s gonna rain tonight.”

She’s just mad because she has to work.

That woman wouldn’t know fun if it jumped up an bit her. 🤣

This year I drew an on range oryx tag on my wife's 40th birthday weekend. I agreed to take her and her girlfriends to Cabo as penance for my "over sight" while applying...
My wife’s birthday is November 22. She’s learned to live with the fact that I’ll be hunting on her birthday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back