Ukraine / Russia

I don't buy it. I see it more as Putin's version of MAGA. A broad, meaningless narrative to rally people around some patriotic belief to justify some BS decisions. The Russian people are suffering so he has to make them think they are doing it for the homeland. I guarantee that he and the oligarchs continue to siphon off funds from the businesses they run. They care about money.

I think that was his point. Putin speaks "his " truth.

Like Donald Make America Great Again or Joe's Build Back Better, except neither of them invaded Canada ;)
He didn’t invade Alaska.
We shouldn’t try to find a reason for this. Just keep sending heavy weapons, and tell Ukraine to use them for defense with a wink-wink, nod-nod.

"IF" I understand your point correctly. Russia did not invade Alaska, so

why should we care ?

we do care, but dont agree with how the current administration is dealing with it ?

Didn't we wait until Germany had overrun most of Europe and Pearl Harbor was bombed before getting involved.? Should we just let him have Ukraine, if he gives us his word not to ever invade another country --wink wink

Is it o.k. for us to put "boots on the ground " in Somalia, which we just did, but not help Ukraine

We went back into Somalia we are told, because the terrorist group there could find their way to America--but we left Afghanistan and it is my understanding that there is one or two people there who hate America

AND, I am not going to presume that I know the answer to all these questions, because I dont. But, I hope to hell somebody in Washington knows what they are doing and can find a way to REVERSE the stock market going down, while inflation and gas prices go up, and has a clue about foreign policy.

What do you feel we should do in regards to the Russia invasion of Ukraine ? Nothing ? What we are now doing ? More ?

As to Putin, I think Nameless Range, was right. Putin speaks "his" truth. In my mind, how far is he willing to go with being Peter the Great II, and how far is the rest of the world willing to let him go ?

"IF" I understand your point correctly. Russia did not invade Alaska, so

why should we care ?

we do care, but dont agree with how the current administration is dealing with it ?

Didn't we wait until Germany had overrun most of Europe and Pearl Harbor was bombed before getting involved.? Should we just let him have Ukraine, if he gives us his word not to ever invade another country --wink wink

Is it o.k. for us to put "boots on the ground " in Somalia, which we just did, but not help Ukraine

We went back into Somalia we are told, because the terrorist group there could find their way to America--but we left Afghanistan and it is my understanding that there is one or two people there who hate America

AND, I am not going to presume that I know the answer to all these questions, because I dont. But, I hope to hell somebody in Washington knows what they are doing and can find a way to REVERSE the stock market going down, while inflation and gas prices go up, and has a clue about foreign policy.

What do you feel we should do in regards to the Russia invasion of Ukraine ? Nothing ? What we are now doing ? More ?

As to Putin, I think Nameless Range, was right. Putin speaks "his" truth. In my mind, how far is he willing to go with being Peter the Great II, and how far is the rest of the world willing to let him go ?

Sunday Feb 9, 1941

1655157706037.png1655157712916.png1655157724225.png1655157731084.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1655157751816.png1655157762556.png1655157768892.png1655157781388.png1655157791890.png
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1655157833816.png

Last edited:
IF" I understand your point correctly. Russia did not invade Alaska, so

why should we care ?

No. Damn internet. I simply take note that he didn’t invade Alaska. He chose a country he thought no one would care about and it would be over quickly. I don’t really know if you agree or don’t agree. I know where you fall on the political spectrum so I can guess. I did state my position on this. US Boots on the ground is a different conversation.

Everyone speaks “their” truth. Sometimes that is the truth and sometimes it is just repeating a lie to hope it takes root. US Politicians don’t want to deal with problems because they think we don’t want to deal with the consequences of the decisions. So you get fed BS through the channel you choose and can place the blame where it feels most comfortable. Putin is in a different situation where he has to reframe the bearing of consequences in a patriotic way to distract those that fee the pain. Different but the same.

The White House is expected as soon as Wednesday to begin announcing around $1 billion worth of new weapons aid for Ukraine, including anti-ship rocket systems, artillery rockets, and rounds for howitzers, people familiar with the packages said.

I know the US government spends more then 1 billion on blow and hookers on a weekend. So it’s no big deal but I wonder what the cost to replace those weapons are.

It was sarcasm. The general attitude here is that $1 billion is not worth stopping to pick up so why not just send it overseas. We have nothing that money could be used for in the U.S., anyway we can just print more.
The cumulative effect of all the tax cuts since Clinton was president and the last budget surplus (2001) are ~$5,900 Billion, if Biden doesn't change anything then by 2025 that number will grow to 10,000 Billion... 13,000 Billion if you include interest payments on ballooning deficit.

So yeah in the context of 5,900, 40 isn't much.

Pennywise pound foolish.

But if as a nation we want to talk about fiscal responsibility, I'm all ears.

Ben’s s net worth is around 200 million, hopefully he left a large chuck of that money since he believes in Ukraine so strongly. I’m sure no one would use this opportunity for clout chasing.

“Last month, Chinese imports of Russian oil hit record numbers totaling 8.42 million tonnes, overtaking Saudi Arabia and marking a 55 percent increase over last year, according to the Chinese General Administration of Customs.”

As I stated earlier, the feel good O&G sanctions aren’t stopping Russia from making bank. China and Russia are growing closer.

U.S. economy is in for a bumpy ride!

As long as Russia keeps the friendly relationship with china and India, they will be fine.
Western tech…lol

Interesting hot take. Time will tell how right he is.

Interesting hot take. Time will tell how right he is.
In the end all we have accomplished is we made Russia stronger, pushed them closer to China, made our own country weaker.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back