Ukraine / Russia

I have a coworker originally from Eritrea. Another humanitarian crisis. Some real winners on the Against list
And the abstains too. China, India and South Africa are the only 3 of the 35 abstains that even begin to resemble a semi functioning modern country.

With respect to India, the above maybe correct, but I was thinking more along the lines that they don’t want to be on record as saying that launching incursions into neighboring countries is condemnable. 🤷‍♂️
This is a reasonable assumption. Both India and Pakistan always seem to be on the precipice of going “kinetic” again.

@Washington Hunter There's a million alternative viewpoints on here. Do you even read the threads? You just have to back of your viewpoint with facts. HT is a place where BS doesn't go uncalled. So if you start spouting off you'd better have you ducks in a row to defend yourself.

I've made the mistake of thinking I knew about something and then been quickly and somewhat humanely put down with actual facts. In all cases I've had to reevaluate my stance and often concede ground. VG and I have gone a few rounds, but while I don't agree with him, he brings relevant info to the debate.

I shouldn't have to explain to people how the mainstream media lies about pretty much everything. It's been pretty obvious the last several years, and even more so the last two years when all this Covid BS started. If people don't see it by now, they're probably never going to see it. And on this forum, alternate viewpoints are not even allowed. 🙄

So even if we accept for argument’s sake that the AP, Reuters, BBC, FoxNews, CNN, HuffPost and Brietbart are completely unreliable, what evidence can you offer that your preferred voices are any better?

Proving that Bob lies, in no way means Sue
is honest. Sue pointing out Bob’s lies does nothing to bolster Sue’s credibility.

@Washington Hunter There's a million alternative viewpoints on here. Do you even read the threads? You just have to back of your viewpoint with facts. HT is a place where BS doesn't go uncalled. So if you start spouting off you'd better have you ducks in a row to defend yourself.

I've made the mistake of thinking I knew about something and then been quickly and somewhat humanely put down with actual facts. In all cases I've had to reevaluate my stance and often concede ground. VG and I have gone a few rounds, but while I don't agree with him, he brings relevant info to the debate.
The only "facts" posted in rebuttal to what I posted was "conspiracy theories."

And as to reading the threads, heck no I didn't read this entire thread. I don't have time for that. I read some of it, everything I saw was just a repeat of the mainstream narrative. So I posted a couple videos with differing viewpoints, and people on here seem to get offended by that.

TLDR...I got some of the good stuff but ignored most of it...sorry not sorry (insert indifferent shoulder shrug and a "meh" about the rants)

All I can contribute is I learned to LOVE social media again for the recent videos I've seen of just daily people doing what they can to protect what they got. I'm particularly fond of the farmers dragging tanks and SAM carriers off to their farms. With the amount of Russian soldiers seemingly not doing much or completely abandoning equipment, I'm kind of surprised this isn't over already.

And as to reading the threads, heck no I didn't read this entire thread. I don't have time for that. I read some of it, everything I saw was just a repeat of the mainstream narrative. So I posted a couple videos with differing viewpoints, and people on here seem to get offended by that.
Actually I referenced another video that Nameless posted, that is completely not mainstream, and full of incredible inside knowledge. Plus, you can't really escape the raw footage that the mainstream news can bring you. That's really the main value I see in them right now, they have war correspondents all over.

I can't remember reading anything sadder than that. For the record, I was more amused than offended with your posts.

I can't remember reading anything sadder than that. For the record, I was more amused than offended with your posts.
Oh well, guess I can't compete with all the "experts" on this forum.

I was told I was arrogant for posting my opinions in this thread, so I take that to mean people were offended.

Again, I'll try to refrain from posting in topics that aren't hunting/shooting related. It's obvious my views aren't wanted here. It was the same way several months ago when I posted in a Covid topic. My posts always get deleted.
😥

Oh well, guess I can't compete with all the "experts" on this forum.

I was told I was arrogant for posting my opinions in this thread, so I take that to mean people were offended.

Again, I'll try to refrain from posting in topics that aren't hunting/shooting related. It's obvious my views aren't wanted here. It was the same way several months ago when I posted in a Covid topic. My posts always get deleted.

Man, you got it tough.

You can compete with all of the experts better , if you stop trying to project your'e the smartest kid in class.

-Time for Exxon to divest itself from Russian oil business. They are late to the party, and teetering on the wrong side of history.

It looks like they want to be on the right side of history.

Offended is the wrong word. It’s pretty hard to be offended by stupidity. Which is the only thing that can account for painting Russia as anything by the antagonist in this conflict. That doesn’t equate to absolution for all the past sins of Ukraine or anybody else for that matter its just a indictment on this invasion of a sovereign county.

I think we we have to ask ourselves as community is how much are we willing to subject ourselves to stupidly? I often wonder what is the motivating factor that leads one to seek out and grasp onto ideas and Opinions-that have no basis in fact or reality? Seems like it’s almost a cult like behavior that’s being ingrained into our society.

Back