Ukraine / Russia

You loaned your buddy $100 and he got drunk at the bar, everyone’s acting like we are talking about paying down his tab, not the case
Idk if he spent $100 it's his tab.. maybe things have changed haven't spent much time in the bar in a while.

I think the “defrauded the debtor” part would be the tough to prove.

And again if your making folks deal with loans via bankruptcy you’re not collecting from Harvard, you’re collecting from some tiny community college in Alabama, someone with a degree from Harvard in whatever will chose a different route.

Tax payers… folks need to realize money is out the door. It’s not going to cost us anything, we already paid. This is trying to recoup the money.

You loaned your buddy $100 and he got drunk at the bar, doesn’t have a job and can’t pay you back, everyone’s acting like we are talking about paying down his tab, not the case.

For decades politicians on both sides kicked the can down the road and it’s just spiraling.
Fraud comes in all shapes and sizes. You are either guilty or not. Interestingly there was a study that showed on of the largest loan debt to post degree income ratios is found in Columbia’s humanities masters programs.

I think the “defrauded the debtor” part would be the tough to prove.

And again if your making folks deal with loans via bankruptcy you’re not collecting from Harvard, you’re collecting from some tiny community college in Alabama, someone with a degree from Harvard in whatever will chose a different route.

Tax payers… folks need to realize money is out the door. It’s not going to cost us anything, we already paid. This is trying to recoup the money.

You loaned your buddy $100 and he got drunk at the bar, doesn’t have a job and can’t pay you back, everyone’s acting like we are talking about paying down his tab, not the case.

For decades politicians on both sides kicked the can down the road and it’s just spiraling.
There are assets on the federal books. Forgiveness is an act of “spending”. There is no accounting or govt budget confusion on this point.

Fraud comes in all shapes and sizes. You are either guilty or not. Interestingly there was a study that showed on of the largest loan debt to post degree income ratios is found in Columbia’s humanities masters programs.
You’d probably have to prove it was systemic and deliberate.

If like 10% of the class makes a good living and 90%, it would be tough.

I’m sure some programs would easily qualify as fraud though.

There are assets on the federal books. Forgiveness is an act of “spending”. There is no accounting or govt budget confusion on this point.
There are liabilities on the federal books, calling them assets is the entire problem.

This has been a known fact that has been repeatedly brought up by folks on both sides of the aisle.

I don’t get to use other people’s college degrees.
Did you actually think about that before you said it?

Ever drink water? Flush a toilet? Drive a car? Been on a road? Fly in a plane? Use electricity? You are absolutely benefiting from someone else's college degree. The idea that society doesn't benefit from everyone's improved education is absurd.

Did you actually think about that before you said it?

Ever drink water? Flush a toilet? Drive a car? Been on a road? Fly in a plane? Use electricity? You are absolutely benefiting from someone else's college degree. The idea that society doesn't benefit from everyone's improved education is absurd.
But it is also reasonable to expect that it is done in a prudent, effective and efficient manner.

Yo

You keep talking and I keep hearing more reasons for ice cream bars.
And just how would we great outdoorsmen take our treats in the woods if they were ice cream bars??! We’d have to power a freezer… for ice cream! That’s gorby behavior.

@neffa3 @BisonGuy … but again this conversation entirely irrelevant because the issue is millions of folks who went community/jco/state schools and didn’t finish and can’t pay.

It’s not civil engineers in WA it’s someone trying to get out of a minimum wage job in Georgia who failed.

I couldn't disagree with that harder. I don't care if you dig ditch for a living being educated is never, ever, a bad thing.
I would agree with that, but theres plenty of people who racked up college credit just to drop out or earned a degree which they cbatbreally use to make a living. I'm not for paying for that. Maybe those aren't included in the debt foregiveness?

And just how would we great outdoorsmen take our treats in the woods if they were ice cream bars??! We’d have to power a freezer… for ice cream! That’s gorby behavior.
I hunt in the great white north, bro.
1671667725278.png

And don't give me the dad bod line. My 6 yr old daughter just told me she didn't have to brush her teeth tonight because her candy cane tastes like toothpaste. You think I take that responsibility lightly? Nah rook, I stay stocked.

1671667967142.png

I hunt in the great white north, bro.
View attachment 256900

And don't give me the dad bod line. My 6 yr old daughter just told me she didn't have to brush her teeth tonight because her candy cane tastes like toothpaste. You think I take that responsibility lightly? Nah rook, I stay stocked.

View attachment 256902
That’s cold as tits. Like, Eskimo living. Makes a man want a nice room-temperature Reese’s cup!

I would agree with that, but theres plenty of people who racked up college credit just to drop out or earned a degree which they cbatbreally use to make a living. I'm not for paying for that. Maybe those aren't included in the debt foregiveness?
I would like to say "I'm not paying for that either." The point @wllm is making, at least I think, is that those people you described aren't going to pay those loans no matter what. So it's more fiscally prudent to forgive them, than to keep trying to get money from them, paying people to manage that debt.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back