Caribou Gear Tarp

Ukraine / Russia

Well, I guess I missed your outrage over the 2.5 trillion...
I don’t think I was on Hunttalk then. 😉
I can assure you I thought the mission creep and nation building was a giant waste during that time. Even got a little bit a heck from friends for not being patriotic enough.

I guess we can start a thread on it and pretend we don’t have the benefit of hindsight and debate our actions after 9/11 like they happening in real time.

Seems in todays environment, if an idea differs from the main stream narrative then it is labeled a conspiracy theory.

Lab leak was dismissed as a conspiracy thrown around by a few podcasters until eventually it became an accepted, if not most likely, theory on origin of CV19.

Hunter Biden laptop story was a conspiracy leveled by rightwing podcasters until it wasn't and is now seen to be factual.

Covid vaccine ineffective against stopping spread was a conspiracy by a few podcasters until the reality smacked us in the face.

Increase in vaccine induced Myocarditis in young males was a conspiracy until the facts became too much to dismiss.

Every once in a while these ridiculous conspiracies prove to be factual. Get a lot wrong for sure as well.
I think you proved my point that people believe anything and create whatever narrative fits their view. I will keep this thread in target by simply saying that both Ukraine and Russia are trying to win the messaging war.

Seriously? I think your numbers are a bit astray. Just for the record, a trillion is 1000 billion.

15.2 billion is a long way off from 2.5 trillion.

We spent 300 million PER DAY in Afghanistan...and we aren't done paying yet.

I said I didnt have numbers on hand lol, Thats good info tho.

With that said we have spent 15.2 billion so far and we dont even have boots on the ground yet (officially). Thats just in equipment and support.

Plus maybe this has moved too fast for government officials to have contracts lined up so they get rich as hell, who knows.

Compared with a lot of government spending the $ going to Ukraine seems to be pretty good bang for the buck. (somewhat of a pun intended as most of what we are sending them does literally go bang). Government spending seems to be a bit fuzzy though, especially on stuff like this. I'm curious if the $15.2 billion includes the amount of old weapons that we are sending over there or if it is just new money being spent. The information that we are gathering on actual effectiveness of U.S. made weapons is really impossible to calculate but this is going to dramatically change what we are spending our military budget on a go forward basis and should be an amazing investment from that perspective. All at the cost of zero lives of U.S. soldiers. I really think the U.S. military is feeling like they are getting an amazing return on investment right now.

Again, the cost in actual $ is going to be in vast multiples when it comes to rebuilding Ukraine and I hope that we are able to help out then as well (which would mean that Russia lost) and that is when we will need to be much more careful about what we are spending on.

Not as awkward as a 3some involving Mitt, Hillary, and Liz.
Fair point.

I didnt mind tulsi gabbard, but I'm afraid she's spreading a lot of fear on this war, potentially its her own fear coming out and she is just trying to communicate what could happen.

She worked in a military hospital after all, she has a good understanding of what war can look like.

Fair point.

I didnt mind tulsi gabbard, but I'm afraid she's spreading a lot of fear on this war, potentially its her own fear coming out and she is just trying to communicate what could happen.

She worked in a military hospital after all, she has a good understanding of what war can look like.
I don't want to see nukes starting to fly either. It would be more comforting if we had smarter people in charge, but we don't.

Compared with a lot of government spending the $ going to Ukraine seems to be pretty good bang for the buck. (somewhat of a pun intended as most of what we are sending them does literally go bang). Government spending seems to be a bit fuzzy though, especially on stuff like this. I'm curious if the $15.2 billion includes the amount of old weapons that we are sending over there or if it is just new money being spent. The information that we are gathering on actual effectiveness of U.S. made weapons is really impossible to calculate but this is going to dramatically change what we are spending our military budget on a go forward basis and should be an amazing investment from that perspective. All at the cost of zero lives of U.S. soldiers. I really think the U.S. military is feeling like they are getting an amazing return on investment right now.

Again, the cost in actual $ is going to be in vast multiples when it comes to rebuilding Ukraine and I hope that we are able to help out then as well (which would mean that Russia lost) and that is when we will need to be much more careful about what we are spending on.
If we’re going to be investing heavily in rebuilding Ukraine the return on investment damn well better be x10 what we put in.
I don’t care if it’s through natural resources or kickbacks. If you look at the recent history of the United States the war for profit has not went very well for us, we haven’t got a whole lot in return.

Seems in todays environment, if an idea differs from the main stream narrative then it is labeled a conspiracy theory.

Lab leak was dismissed as a conspiracy thrown around by a few podcasters until eventually it became an accepted, if not most likely, theory on origin of CV19.

Hunter Biden laptop story was a conspiracy leveled by rightwing podcasters until it wasn't and is now seen to be factual.

Covid vaccine ineffective against stopping spread was a conspiracy by a few podcasters until the reality smacked us in the face.

Increase in vaccine induced Myocarditis in young males was a conspiracy until the facts became too much to dismiss.

Every once in a while these ridiculous conspiracies prove to be factual. Get a lot wrong for sure as well.
I mean sure, some of our greatest scientific discoveries were first labeled as conspiracies.

But we also have flat earthers, election deniers, vaccines cause autism, and the whole QAnon thing...

If we’re going to be investing heavily in rebuilding Ukraine the return on investment damn well better be x10 what we put in.
I don’t care if it’s through natural resources or kickbacks. If you look at the recent history of the United States the war for profit has not went very well for us, we haven’t got a whole lot in return.
Ukraine has some good looking women.....just saying.

Back