Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ugh! I hope I don't regret this

Awesome way to spend a day! :)

Great bear pics too! I tend to think that with bears if you are in doubt you will regret shooting him when you walk up on him. Looks pretty young to me anyhow...tough call.

I love the matching purple pants and purple bike!

Thanks for all the kind words! It was definitely something to remember. She is still talking about it today. The part I will remember most is looking back and seeing her in total distress following behind me when I was trying to get out of being upwind from the bear. We were standing out in the middle of this clearcut in front of God and everything, with no cover at all when I just had to stop and get her mind right first. Its easy for experienced hunters to just get all hyped up and do what we need to do, but seeing how scared she was brought me right back down to earth. So I was prepared for that bear to pop up out of the gulley and see us out there, no biggie, if it meant getting her into it and not being scared, it wouldn't have been fun if she was.

Awesome! Great memories and pics. Love the one of her hauling her bike over the deadfall!!!

We rode in last night again, after a freezing day of baseball and softball. It cleared off right around 630 and we took advantage. But... no bears. Did have a huge herd of elk moving through the clear cut, that was cool.

Sounds like a great time spent with your daughter. You won't regret it. Now you have another 'excuse' to go out again! It looks like a young bear. I'm sure you won't have any regrets. Good luck!

You are doing it right!!! Thats an experience your beautiful daughter will remember for the rest of her life. The world needs more people/fathers like you. Good job and congrats on a memorable moment!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back