MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

tx public land for wild hogs

buckwild

Hello. my name is buckwild. Ive been checking out my maps looking to plan another hog/deer hunt somewhere in south tx. Its pretty easy terrain except for cactus and rattlesnakes so i'm not paying to stay in a lodge. i'm wanting to motel camp for a week or two and hunt public land. has anybody spent much time there to know about some public huntable land? and info appreciated. also like to pop a coyote or two but i think you can do that anywhere in south texas

I have lived there all my life and I know of no spots to hunt public lands with out drawing out. The Aransas Wildlife Refuge has some hunts and some of the State Parks do as well. Look up the Texas Park & Wildlife website and put in for tags. I think it cost about $10 to put in. I buy a ticket for the Hunt of a Lifetime & Big Horn Ram hunt every year. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Go to texas parks and wildlife site and research their type II permits. That's about your only option in south texas public lands. The draw system previously mentioned is a good deal but the draw odds equal those found in premiere units out west.

Lots of public lands in east texas. Good hog populations in river and bog country.

If you want to hunt javelina you might look into the Amistad bowhunting. Located on lake Amistad just outside Del Rio. Not sure if they have much in the way of hogs but they do have Javelina.

Best of luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back