Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Two whitetails locked up (pic)

mtmiller

I was looking through some pictures from last year and I thought this might interest some of you guys and gals. This is a shot of a couple of bucks found locked up. They did not have huge racks, but were decent 4 points. When we found the deer one was already dead and the other one did not look good. I was shocked when I walked up to the deer and he stood up and swung the dead deer around and kicked in my direction.

New game plan, we found a sleeping bag and got it over his head. This relaxed the animal and we were able to gently lay the deer down. I got a saw and cut off one of the dead deers antlers. That is about the time the picture was taken. At this point the live deer was free and could have kicked my ass. Thankfully he just stayed put while the blanket was over his head. When I pulled away the blanket he was off and running. He had a few rough strides, but soon found his legs and was on his way.

After checking out the dead deer it was found the other deer had severed the carotid artery with his main beam. I thought the buck could be salvaged, but after opening him up I changed my mind. There was one foul odor brewing in that guy.

locked%203.jpg

At least you were able to save one of the deer. They look like they were decent size animals. Saw the same thing some years back with two nice 8 pointers here in Ct. Same thing one was dead. State trooper pried them apart with a night stick.

cal45

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-22-2002 11:47: Message edited by: cal45 ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back