Yeti GOBOX Collection

Twist rate reference chart

Stability chart? mtmuley
Barrel twist rates for the more common calibers and manufacturers is what I'm after.
Let's say I'm going to work up a load for a Winchester M70 extreme weather , Tikka, Howa 1500, & Remington 700sps all chambered in .270win and I'd like to find a copper mono that will fall within the recommend twist rate for all four of those makes.

A reference chart of barrel twist by manufacturer, model & caliber is what I'm after

Barrel twist rates for the more common calibers and manufacturers is what I'm after.
Let's say I'm going to work up a load for a Winchester M70 extreme weather , Tikka, Howa 1500, & Remington 700sps all chambered in .270win and I'd like to find a copper mono that will fall within the recommend twist rate for all four of those

makes.

A reference chart of barrel twist by manufacturer, model & caliber is what I'm after
Nor sure you can find a reference like that. Might have to go by manufacturer. mtmuley

I think the closest you’re going to find is the SAAMI specifications. Manufacturers rarely deviate from the SAAMI twist, but I can think of instances where they do. But in general this is why 220 Swift’s still come with a rather useless 1-14” twist.
IMG_1524.jpeg

Let's say I'm going to work up a load for a Winchester M70 extreme weather , Tikka, Howa 1500, & Remington 700sps all chambered in .270win and I'd like to find a copper mono that will fall within the recommend twist rate for all four of those makes.

I’ve never seen a factory 270 Win that wasn’t 1-10”. But I get what you’re after in a more general context.

Berger has one in the back of their loading manual.
I picked one up, I think I might have purchased the edition that Noah took on the boat with the animals . Most of Bergers " go to " loads aren't even listed. 300wm w/ 215's isn't mentioned . .. and a slew of other common combinations aren't included.
The twist rate in the back is kinda neat, I looked up 10 of my rifles and found two listed.. not too shabby!

Thank you for for the recommendation, I appreciate it20230620_193551.jpg20230620_193602.jpg20230620_193844.jpg

I picked one up, I think I might have purchased the edition that Noah took on the boat with the animals . Most of Bergers " go to " loads aren't even listed. 300wm w/ 215's isn't mentioned . .. and a slew of other common combinations aren't included.
The twist rate in the back is kinda neat, I looked up 10 of my rifles and found two listed.. not too shabby!

Thank you for for the recommendation, I appreciate itView attachment 280727View attachment 280728View attachment 280729
Yeah, I'd love for Berger to update their manual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back