Twist rate reference chart

Stability chart? mtmuley
Barrel twist rates for the more common calibers and manufacturers is what I'm after.
Let's say I'm going to work up a load for a Winchester M70 extreme weather , Tikka, Howa 1500, & Remington 700sps all chambered in .270win and I'd like to find a copper mono that will fall within the recommend twist rate for all four of those makes.

A reference chart of barrel twist by manufacturer, model & caliber is what I'm after

Barrel twist rates for the more common calibers and manufacturers is what I'm after.
Let's say I'm going to work up a load for a Winchester M70 extreme weather , Tikka, Howa 1500, & Remington 700sps all chambered in .270win and I'd like to find a copper mono that will fall within the recommend twist rate for all four of those

makes.

A reference chart of barrel twist by manufacturer, model & caliber is what I'm after
Nor sure you can find a reference like that. Might have to go by manufacturer. mtmuley

I think the closest you’re going to find is the SAAMI specifications. Manufacturers rarely deviate from the SAAMI twist, but I can think of instances where they do. But in general this is why 220 Swift’s still come with a rather useless 1-14” twist.
IMG_1524.jpeg

Let's say I'm going to work up a load for a Winchester M70 extreme weather , Tikka, Howa 1500, & Remington 700sps all chambered in .270win and I'd like to find a copper mono that will fall within the recommend twist rate for all four of those makes.

I’ve never seen a factory 270 Win that wasn’t 1-10”. But I get what you’re after in a more general context.

Berger has one in the back of their loading manual.
I picked one up, I think I might have purchased the edition that Noah took on the boat with the animals . Most of Bergers " go to " loads aren't even listed. 300wm w/ 215's isn't mentioned . .. and a slew of other common combinations aren't included.
The twist rate in the back is kinda neat, I looked up 10 of my rifles and found two listed.. not too shabby!

Thank you for for the recommendation, I appreciate it20230620_193551.jpg20230620_193602.jpg20230620_193844.jpg

I picked one up, I think I might have purchased the edition that Noah took on the boat with the animals . Most of Bergers " go to " loads aren't even listed. 300wm w/ 215's isn't mentioned . .. and a slew of other common combinations aren't included.
The twist rate in the back is kinda neat, I looked up 10 of my rifles and found two listed.. not too shabby!

Thank you for for the recommendation, I appreciate itView attachment 280727View attachment 280728View attachment 280729
Yeah, I'd love for Berger to update their manual.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back