Turning into a good hand

brockel

Daughter is really starting to turn into a good hand. Really helped with all parts of getting the pig ready for tomorrow mornings butchering. She will be 6 in three days. She really likes learning about all the organs inside when we gut it. And no she isn’t standing underneath the bucket
DA4A0E71-2AA1-478B-B273-9DADF3B39C6B.jpeg

Looks like your doing right buddy that's awesome.i have said it before and I'll say it again knowing what I know now I wish I could've grown up in a farming ranching lifestyle much less my kids.... thanks for sharing.

Great to see this, reminds me of my childhood growing up! What do you think that hog dressed out at?

This is great. I remember as a kid I loved butchering day at the farm. A family event. We used to scald and scrap rather than skin the hogs.

Daughter is really starting to turn into a good hand. Really helped with all parts of getting the pig ready for tomorrow mornings butchering. She will be 6 in three days. She really likes learning about all the organs inside when we gut it. And no she isn’t standing underneath the bucket
View attachment 138751

THIS-----is what it is all about !

Best of luck to her on her barrel races. Is she still on a pony or has she graduated to a quarter horse already ?

Nothing runs like a Deere

THIS-----is what it is all about !

Best of luck to her on her barrel races. Is she still on a pony or has she graduated to a quarter horse already ?

Nothing runs like a Deere
She’s been on a quarter horse but they are still a little much for her as they are barrel horses and are knot heads that think running is the only thing to do. We are actually going to have her ride a pony today to see if it will work for her before we bring it home

1967 John Deere 2510
I recognized the front end as being from my favorite generation of JD’s. I grew up on a 3020 Diesel with narrow front. Hauling full silage wagons and load of hay. Love that tractor!!! I told my dad if he ever puts it up for sale, I want first go at it. Not sure what I’d do with it though so I’d probably have to let it go when the day comes.

Great helper you've got there! More people should know where their meat comes from for sure.

I recognized the front end as being from my favorite generation of JD’s. I grew up on a 3020 Diesel with narrow front. Hauling full silage wagons and load of hay. Love that tractor!!! I told my dad if he ever puts it up for sale, I want first go at it. Not sure what I’d do with it though so I’d probably have to let it go when the day comes.
20 series are hard to beat. I miss mine not that I have a use for it anymore, still love the syncro range.

20 series are hard to beat. I miss mine not that I have a use for it anymore, still love the syncro range.
My dad’s was the 8-gear power shift. You could really wind that thing up on a straight smooth road!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back