Turkeys!!! Let’s see them!

Persistence finally paid off in Kentucky! Finally on day 3 I heard the first gobble. This place I'm hunting is Jake heavy called in 9 Jakes the first couple days. This morning after hearing a gobble in the distance I made a set up and called in 5 more Jakes. They putted off but I remained where I was and called couple more times and he finally came slipping through the timber very quiet. The rest was history. Also looking good for next year with so many Jakes around.

Attachments

• IMG_20240415_071105798.jpg
    IMG_20240415_071105798.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1277~2.jpg
    IMG_1277~2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 4
3 silent Toms on public snuck in to yelping with cane. 2.5 oz of tss. Gobbling has been basically zero and more hunters than birds. Even had two hunters ripping through riding E bikes at 8am. Luckily most people go home when the woods are quiet.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
I was able to take my son (3-1/2 years old) out last week for the first time. While we were eating snacks and making some scratches on the slate a group of hens and jakes appeared out of thin air in our decoys. We watched them for a little bit before I popped one. They hung around and I asked if I should fill my second tag, and the boy gave me the go ahead. Before long we had two jakes flopping. Had a lot of high fives and hugs after that.

It was a great day, one I'll never forget!

IMG_0962.JPEGIMG_0964.JPEGIMG_0971.JPEG

IMG-3517-1.jpg

IMG-3508.jpg

Those woods look familiar from your previous few years of turkey pics. Looks like an interesting place to wait out a Tom .
Killed a lot of toms in those hardwoods. Creek bottom splits the property in half, 4 acre field in the woods. Big field on the north and south end, that are not visible from any road. It's one of the best turkey hunting properties in my neighborhood

Reactions: Hem
Killed a lot of toms in those hardwoods. Creek bottom splits the property in half, 4 acre field in the woods. Big field on the north and south end, that are not visible from any road. It's one of the best turkey hunting properties in my neighborhood
Yeah, I like the looks of it...can imagine a gobbler shuffling through.
Congrats on the double beard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back