Turkeys in Fort Robinson area

Chilly

Hey all from Kentucky. Me and a couple of buddies are flying out to Wyoming and turkey hunting in Carlile Wyoming with trophy ridge outfitters on opening week in April 2020. I’m not looking for your secret spots or anything but we decided that if we finished early in Wyoming, we would drive to Fort Robinson area of the state since it is only 3 hours from where we’re staying and not to far from the airport we are using in rapid city. My question is does this area get hit hard with pressure and how is the turkey population there? If we get to do this hunt we will only be able to hunt a couple of days. Thanks in advance

A buddy and his son hunted the area a couple years ago. Plenty of birds he said but mostly on private. His son was able to pull one off of private. Would be helpful to have onx or a gps.

A buddy and his son hunted the area a couple years ago. Plenty of birds he said but mostly on private. His son was able to pull one off of private. Would be helpful to have onx or a gps.
Ok thanks

My wife had a business trip up there a few years ago. I tagged along with the expectation of chasing turkeys and doing a little fishing while she was busy working. :D In the end, I was glad I didn't purchase a turkey tag prior to arriving as I did not see nor hear a single turkey in my hiking and fishing over 4 days.

There are turkeys on both sides of the state line in the Black Hills. You might ask the S Dakota folks how the numbers are first. We've hunted the Wyoming side and accessed through the S Dakota side and saw turkeys there as well.

Back